OK Boomer, Who’s Going to Buy Your 21 Million Homes?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trader99, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Sig

Sig

Couldn't agree with you more, but you should see people scream when you dare even suggest they don't deserve something by accident of birth to a rich parent. I was literally told here on ET that I was anti-American and should go to jail for suggesting we change the law to reduce the amount passed down as inheritance (apparently neverminding the whole democracy thing we've supposedly got here in 'murica).

#51     Nov 30, 2019
    Windlesham1 likes this.
  2. Yeah... no thanks. The issue I outlined is due to cheap money.

#52     Nov 30, 2019
  3. Most Gen Z and Alpha citizens are already programed to live in squalor. There was a reason "Ready Player #1 came out when it did. The culture shift in the Continental US is on a rapid Pace. 60 Minutes did Segment on Tent City #3 in Seattle. The US is creating a new Gypsy Class of citizen which mean more human test subjects and slave labor which equates to more profits. Baby Boomer will most likely have their estates liquidated to cover long term health care expenses.

Akuma
    GOTO ASIA

#53     Dec 2, 2019
  4. zdave83

zdave83

:rolleyes:

#54     Dec 2, 2019
  5. Sig

Sig

"Most Gen Z and Alpha citizens are already programed to live in squalor."? Seriously, "most", as in the common definition of the word meaning the majority or vast majority? Because you saw something on 60 Minutes that covered something like .1% of the population of the U.S.? Have you actually traveled around the U.S. and observed this? And traveled around Asia (Banganga, Batasan Hills, Maligawatte....) and observed the slums there?

There are plenty of issues in the U.S. and we can do a lot better. But to suggest that the average 20 year old is better off in Bangladesh or the Philippines or India than the U.S. is simply absurd. Although not surprising when you base your worldview on a science fiction novel (or even worse the movie!).

#55     Dec 2, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

The same 60 Minutes quoted a homeless population of 5,000. In a city the size of Seattle, it is hardly a new Gypsy Class and I am sure the homeless population in many countries in Asia are much larger. Come to think of it, many in Asia would give up their countries in a heart beat to migrate to the US.

#56     Dec 2, 2019
    AKUMATOTENSHI and nooby_mcnoob like this.