OJ/ Coffee Random Musings

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by criveratrading, May 28, 2008.

1. Shagi

Shagi

If OJ does not sell off hard from this rally then the bottom is in - see weekly chart for a more clear picture of whats going on

#21     Jun 3, 2008
  2. i just posted only to have my post fail. great.

long story short i think OJ can run to 125. 3 days up, if we can make 5 days up and not take out the low I think we can run higher. OJ rallies have been sold consistently and we have a pretty strong downtrend.

Coffee expect range expansion. Aug 125 puts got some action with 20 lots trading . I however am still unable with my put orders.

Bought some Cocoa 2800/2900 call spread for 41 pts. Me thinks we take out 3,000 on disease affecting crop in Ivory Coast and momentum. Funds COT doesn't looking "too long"

I'll be looking to take profits on my Jan 09 160 call in the juice at 670 pts and probably sell the cocoa spread at 65 if we get there, though I think it's good to collect the full 100 pts.

Need liquidity to get short some coffee via puts. Need to send some more cash to the futures acct tho.

Good trading in the Coffee Rtrader.

#22     Jun 3, 2008
  3. Shagi

Shagi

Coffee is gonna collapse big time before the weekend - im short 132 as of yesterday and stops 135 - let the games begin for a quick big profit or a quick small loss:D

#23     Jun 4, 2008
  4. volume is very light in coffee today. i am glad i dumped oj to much upside risk. i think the consensus is coffee is going down. Im running loose stops because of vol. and I dont normally do this but I will average in if I have to on the downside. Thanks for all the insight guys

#24     Jun 4, 2008
  5. i think that we will definitely challenge the cocoa highs and if we surpass em sky is the limit if not i will be looking to get short. I think this will be the third attempt to take em out. Correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck with your puts today Riv

#25     Jun 4, 2008
  6. Shagi

Shagi

volume picks up after 10 ET

#26     Jun 4, 2008
  7. ahhhh i see thanks shagi. are you looking at anything elese?

#27     Jun 4, 2008
  8. Shagi

Shagi

heating oil , live cattle and feeder cattle - all from the long side - if prices stabilise where there are now today i will be putting on long positions depending on selling pressure easing off

#28     Jun 4, 2008
  9. i think fats will go up. Im not too sure about feeders. I rarely take naked positions in any market. A good spread you can look into is live cattle. buy aug/sell oct

#29     Jun 4, 2008
  10. Shagi

Shagi

i dont trade spreads cause it caps profits - i take naked positions and try to break the bank the few times when im right :p

#30     Jun 4, 2008