OJ/ Coffee Random Musings

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by criveratrading, May 28, 2008.

1. short two more at 139.70 fuck it!

#11     Jun 2, 2008
  2. rallies feel weird to me. No bad weather this weekend. Huge brazilian coffee harvest, waning demand. Big coffee carryover, I thinkl some very strong selling will end this rally. I hope i'm right lol!

#12     Jun 2, 2008
  3. There was a system over the Yucatan Peninsula, but nothing terrible. On Coffee, a close over 142 and then 142.85 would have me reversing and going long. I agree with you and would play from the short side. I was still unable on my Dec 08 90 puts today.

My view is that the Coffee chart breaks down like the OJ chart did in April.

I would definitely be covering the shorts on Coffee in the 130-132 are though; if we break down from there, sell more on a stop.

#13     Jun 2, 2008
  4. oh yeah i think we see 130-132 it's gonna be very hard fndamentally to hold this rally weather looked good but it can change on a dime you know. I really like your put play im gonna look into those. im also looking at march 09 corn puts 5.00 then just sell a 4.50 to make it close to free. very low risk trade man. i think we had a bunch of sympathy rallies in the softs today. I watched at the end when oil sold so did oj and coffee. you got anything else going on? Oj is weird to me, i think it feels very weak and is gonna drop but i dont think it can go mch lower i will be looking to cover asap either way.

#14     Jun 2, 2008
  5. Shagi

Shagi

Coffe is going down to the pits - more like Cotton. Selling pressure will increase around the 130 price zone - yeh i know thats the very same demand area that has been defended for the past 2 months

#15     Jun 3, 2008
  6. covered 2 at 135.20 and the other two at 134.00 5 grand before 7 am i'm not complaining

#16     Jun 3, 2008
  7. looking for a pop to get short more oj rallying again.

#17     Jun 3, 2008
  8. ]

I havent seen a post from you in a while shagi. I always enjoy your chart analyses it usually is very accurate thanks for that. How do you feel about oj? And I couldnt agree more on coffee im looking to get short here again real soon

#18     Jun 3, 2008
  9. ahhh the joys of trying to get out of an illiquid market i.e. OJ haha giving back some of what i made but c'est la vie. Looking to get short coffee at 135.00 pretty heavy selling there.

#19     Jun 3, 2008
  10. i chickened out at 135.00 waiting for a little higher

#20     Jun 3, 2008