Oil Traders Increase Bets on $125 Crude as Options Trades Jump

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ASusilovic, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Yup, we currently have no usable alternative. Not to mention the amount of oil & gas required just for R&D and to attempt to bring these alternatives online.

As long as theres oil in the ground, some jackup will be sucking it up.

#11     Nov 6, 2007
  2. Zanatos

Zanatos

I understand what you are saying..but no matter how you slice it, the world economy is dependent on oil for reasons of a political and corporate nature. Oil is not the most efficient source of energy, though, it is one of the most, but ONLY because that is where the massive amount of money is invested; with investment, alternative technologies will become far more efficient than oil. For example, solar panels are on the 5th generation already, the most effcient solar panels now, are over 10000 times more efficient than the very first volatic cells.

#12     Nov 6, 2007
  3. Cheese

Cheese

Lets look at the alleged world dependence on oil. The answer is simple and is coming: electric and LHG propulsion as the sole mandatory forms of vehicles permitted, hybrid or single.

Additionally I would argue the benefit of no more road traffic emissions polluting the living environment.
    :)

#13     Nov 6, 2007
  4. Doubtfull, looking at russia's predominance in the sphere of influence, and the actual deals Putin has cut in the last six years with europe and the us-and the remarkable pipeline complex through europe, the balkans , and anywhere that matters.

One country, with a handfull of ace's, and the current us president said "smells like money to me", regarding his oil wells.

Yup.
    He looked into Putins eyes, and reported, he saw a "fellow soul", ill say, putin is kgb, dubiya's daddy cia, all oil men to the core, absolute control at any cost.

Not that theres anything wrong with that...........

#14     Nov 7, 2007