Oil tanks to 30's and fighting breaks out...that's RELIGULOUS!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc5781, Jan 3, 2009.

1. rc5781

rc5781

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rIZWDyMLGIQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rIZWDyMLGIQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Good Ol' Bill............Free to speak his own gospel of secular atheism, while endeavoring to remove the same right from those who hold a religious faith.

I will take a weeping Jimmy Swaggert over a Pol Pot, Mao or Stalin any day of the week.

3. rc5781

rc5781

how about none of the above?

4. Maher's shallowness disguised as intellectual hipness is another perfect American metaphor.

5. If your speaking of Swaggert, Pol Pot, Mao and Stalin..sure

How about a debate between Mr. Maher and Ben Stein, at least Bill would have to use his noggin, instead of swooping down upon common folk who he feels mentally superior too.

6. rc5781

rc5781

most people ARE common folk...

7. Bill is an arrogant little booger.

8. thanks Bill. a great satirist you are.

thanks for making us laugh at ourselves, and, at the very least, giving the reasonable man pause at his conviction.

thanks bill, thank you very much :cool:

9. I will second that... thanks Bill ... :)

10. jem

jem

bill strikes me as odd - in that he does at times trys not to always be the liberal idiot. (and to his credit he was anti bush pretty early).

He had a women arguing the pro abortion liberal side - and he said - well you can be against abortion without being a religious nut -can't you? Then he sort of explained why you could be against abortion.

(I think at times - his conscience gets the best of him.) He knows why he is getting paid and who is paying him - but I think he knows he is not always doing the right thing.

#10     Jan 3, 2009