Oil takes down this market starting today...

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by chewbacca, Aug 16, 2005.

1. First down day in mkt in a while, stocks are actually weak and you go long the mkt.

I wish you well.

#11     Aug 16, 2005
  2. syrre

syrre

LOL I think you need to study the market a little bit more, this is the third down day of the last five days. And anyway I am fine, thanks :)

#12     Aug 16, 2005
  3. RNRBAND

RNRBAND

what is going on with the banks?
    thanks

#13     Aug 16, 2005
  4. Look up a seasonal chart for oil. Sept is a huge up month, followed by a deep selloff into mid-December.

At current levels, it makes sense that equities would sell off hard on a significant leg higher for oil.

I'm positioned for the same move, but shorting USDs as my preferred market in this instance.

#14     Aug 16, 2005
  5. syrre

syrre

LOL I was thinking, if all 1,306,313,812 chinese bought a Hummer, maybe it would cover the 9,326,410 sq km land area of China then? :D

#15     Aug 16, 2005
  6. Banks have been diverging from index strength for weeks, if not months, at this point.

#16     Aug 16, 2005
  7. tomcole

tomcole

Oil is only part of the picture, look at NG/HO/etc

#17     Aug 16, 2005
  8. Yield curve inversion looks much more likely now compared to just last week. I guess the whole market is looking at that as well?

#18     Aug 16, 2005
  9. england and the US getting bad inflation numbers did not help either. england had a big jump in their reported numbers.

i think more institutional houses are starting to feel the possibilities of an oil parabolic are near ----- time to hedge those long equities and rotate more equities defensive.

#19     Aug 16, 2005
  10. newbunch

newbunch

I LOVE IT! Stocks went down on bad inflation numbers. Bonds rose on good inflation numbers. Don't you love the market?

#20     Aug 16, 2005