Oil Sands

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by $CostAverageMAN, Jun 9, 2006.

1. ================
    Investors Business Daily had a neat list of small caps today;
    oil & gas sector still strong, here also.

Actually while capital appreciation on some large cap related like ES ,YM can be strong & long and strong & short;
    that oil & gas sector is one of the few stock sectors strong - long
    & strong long for a long time.

Not a prediction
    :cool:

#11     Jun 26, 2006
  2. your not trying to "pump" a position in a penny stock traded on the BB are you ?

:p

#12     Jun 26, 2006
  3. SOIGF sets a new 52 week high of 7.43 on a day the DOW is down 130+ points....Somebody else must truely believe in this story also....

To answer the PUMP and DUMP question

No, I would never try to pump a stock for my own gain....1st pumping is very unethical....2nd I don't believe a stock with daily volume of a couple million shares a day can be easily pumped on a form such as this one.....3rd I only started this "Oil Sands" page for others to possibly share ideas of other equities in this sector....4th "pump and dump" means I would need to sell right after I posted and got people interested, but I am still holding and will only try to sell the peaks and buy the dips....5th I believe in the fundamentals of this equity and the future of Canadian oil sands....

I started this form to spread the word about a SPECULATIVE PLAY in the Canadian oil sands that I was invested in and others might want to consider looking at.....Not that bad of a return from my first post either....

Comments welcome......

$COSTAverageMAN

#13     Jul 8, 2006
  4. kidkash

kidkash

To bad I didnt see this post before today I would have bought some of this stock. I hope this continues to run well for you.:)

#14     Jul 10, 2006
  5. It looks as SOIGF may be the play on oil sands.....I saw alot of money come out Oil sand plays like CWPC, CNQ, ECA, IMO, NXY, PCZ, SU, COS-UN.TO(Canadian Oil Sands Trust), SHC.TO (Shell Canada), WTO.TO (Western Oil Sands Inc) and UTS.TO (UTS Energy Corp) over the last few market days..CHECK THE CHARTS FOR YOURSELF..I took profits on all of the US named companies from above last week except Strata Oil & Gas.....

Two other Canadian Oil Sands Stocks that look strong currently are HSE.TO (Husky Energy Inc) and PCA.TO(Petro-Canada)....

I'm still holding on to many of my US and Canadian Oil and Natural Gas Trust as well.....

So why Canadian Oil Sands over the major global conglomerates?

From Bill CARA..................Feb. 3rd 2006

The Western Canada oilsands contains approx. 175 billion proven recoverable barrels of oil, and the world presently consumes about 83 million barrels a day. This oilfield is one of the only ones in the non-OPEC producing countries that can expand its production. Over the next generation (20 years), I figure (without the data handy) that capital expenditure here will be at least one trillion dollars.

So as there are no major oil fields being discovered, and given that the infrastructure (pipelines and all) is protected from weather, civil strife, and so forth, this is a no-brainer. The only issue is that the oilfield is not drilled; it is mined. The costs are high. But as long as world oil prices are above $40, these companies will be very profitable.

$COSTAverageMAN again!!!!!

Other estimates suggest 315 billion barrells and 20 million Barrells per day of production.....The Pipe Lines are already in place....US and Canada have a decent relationship.....Canada is not an OPEC country and we haven't pissed them off.........YET

THIS is OPEC:
    Algeria
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Iraq
    Kuwait
    Libya
    Nigeria
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    United Arab Emirates
    Venezuela

WOW..... This is the list of countries our children are going to become slaves to, unless we either get our government and Detroit on board with some type of solution to this Oil ADDICITION.....CANADA has our answer and The Street knows this as well.....Over the last few years I have secured my retirement with triple and even quadruple digit returns in petroleum profits and for this I am thankful for this oil administration, but the reality is Gasoline is just .1875c a cup at $3 a gallon......Gasoline Finite.....Coffee.....Fresh Water.....Soda is not, but more expensive by the cup.......So where do you think Gasoline is going over the next 5 years.....

Add in another War in that region or Major refinery outages and you got a serious problem that will destroy middle class Americas Disposible Personal Income.......I lived through the Arab oil embargo of 1970's and it was not a good time to be an American.....I was a sales rep in the south traveling all over and thank god I had an efficient diesel engine Mercedes......You could still get diesel almost everywhere, but I saw chaos in the little towns I came accross.....Just a history lesson and we must learn from our mistakes....

The Shah of Iran told the New York Times in 1973. "Certainly! And how...; You [Western nations] increased the price of wheat you sell us by 300%, and the same for sugar and cement...; You buy our crude oil and sell it back to us, redefined as petrochemicals, at a hundred times the price you've paid to us...; It's only fair that, from now on, you should pay more for oil. Let's say ten times more."

Scary when men have that much power!!!!!!

$COSTAverageMAN

#15     Jul 10, 2006
  6. Is there anyone who DIDN'T receive this newsletter?

#16     Jul 10, 2006
  7. Well did you act on the newsletter for a quick double or did you throw it away is the question?

Many small fortunes can be made on newsletters.....Just think like a trader and ride the public higher and call your top at the 1st sign of mass selling.....

I acted 1st thing the next morning and got a 4 day double.....Then bought back in after it fell from 7 back to 4 and wouldn't you know we are back past 7......

Net almost 200% return in a little over a month.....

So to answer your question who didn't get this newsletter?.......maybe all the people who were buying today, yesterday, and for the last month that got the newsletter, but wanted confirmation that the stock was in an uptrend....

With a well diversified portfolio one should be able to throw a small percentage in the OTC and HOPE for a big win.....I currently hold 3 OTC picks in my portfolio of 100+ equities...others are AVCA and PRXI

So by no means do I recommend buying OTC, but the risk/reward can be there.....Newsletters help draw attention and create a bubble type effect in the equity for quick fast profits....

The bubble just broke in AUTo_Ob and should create a buying oppurtunity around $1.20

$COSTAverageMAN

#17     Jul 10, 2006
  8. Babak

Babak

Thanks for the tip!
    $DCAM: you trade at UBS? how are they treating you? what kind of comish do they charge? offshore or onshore?

#18     Jul 10, 2006