Oil rises to new six-month high.....Do I hear $75, $100, $150, $300

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, May 28, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

A better job report today and oil at $71 is probably a given today. Oil is completely overbought already.

#21     Jun 5, 2009
  2. If it hits 500$ I can retire.

#22     Jun 5, 2009
  3. I hear you. You wanna go long with me? I think its overpriced, but why not enjoy some of the fun. I'm gonna pay through the nose at the pump anyway

#23     Jun 5, 2009
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I dont have any position in oil at the moment, however im looking at SCO for a pullback in oil back below $60 a barrel and then eventually $50.

I think at the rate oil is climbing that by mid summer we could be paying $3.00+ yet again for gas, this will only hold off on any turn around for this economy. The new $80-$110 is the old $125-$150.

The time to short oil is sooner than later, You cannot have $100+ oil, its just not economically reasonable.

#24     Jun 5, 2009
  5. This upward move in oil is another bunch of bullshit just like when it ran to $150, it has 90% to do with traders and speculators and almost nothing to do with supply/demand etc.
    They're forcing the prices of oil higher to profit and then its going to dump again.

#25     Jun 5, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Exactly, IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with supply and demand, it based of nothing else but speculation, OIL will be dropping once again, I think fair value on oil at this very moment is no more than $35 bucks a barrel.

#26     Jun 5, 2009
  7. I would wait to short crude, especially since we're just coming into the summer months. If it climbs to $100 (which I don't think it will) then definitely short. But it's just too risky to short it at this price. Not that it necessarily deserves this price, but speculation could certainly send it soaring higher still.

#27     Jun 5, 2009
  8. Fair Value?
    Blah, blah, blah, blah . . .

Words spoken by someone that obviously doesn't trade crude oil. In fact, it's the same old "broken-clock" crap from ET's resident prognosticator who doesn't TRADE at all.

#28     Jun 5, 2009
  9. thoroughly agreee with you on this one....

this hype nad engineered push higher in the price of oil, jet fuel and so forth is artificial, and being propped up by means of control over news and reporting sources....

what is at real risk is pushing the global economies back over the brink, just after all these stabilizations that have occurred since Oct '08.

so, keep pushing the price higher and keep running down the clock on the brinksmanship of our economies...

doesn't need to be more complicated than that

#29     Jun 5, 2009
  10. Hey Genius, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with the US Dollar taking a dump, does it?

#30     Jun 5, 2009