Oil Prices

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by libertad, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Casey30

Casey30

Saudi money controls and owns the Bush family and Friends. Watch Fahrenheit 9/11, it is really disturbing. Oh also featured in the movie are the Dem's rolling over to the Repub's several times during key and crucial moments in the last five years. It almost seems as though they are really in this together. Really makes you feel disgusting when you see both parties kssing each others butts repeatedly on fairly extreme issues.

#51     Aug 14, 2005
  2. Hey...The Bush family found out how they could best make money...me...I am not poor...but I do not not have their change,,,hey look...the world's markets are my oyster..The Bush's are certainly welcome to theirs...

I just think that a public office such as the Presidency of the US should not be used like it is being used...

Look very truly...the US leaderships looks and smells like a third world's country's leadership..

I just didn't expect this type of nonsense in the US..but it looks like you sure got hell of a lot of conflicts of interest ...I do not think that all American folks appreciate this kind of stuff...

Hey....what the hell...he's making the dough...

I hope I do as well......Hat's off to the Bush's pullin it off....

I want em to capitalize all of China's good stuff so that I will have more paper to trade..

And Cafta ...there will soon be a lot of farmland which I will pick up cheap...for my other interests...

Way to go Bush...maybe I ll buy some before your cronies get a hold of it...

#52     Aug 14, 2005

3. The Chinese are selling oil!

A buck is a buck.

Read the Mathew Stinson Blog.

An excerpt:

"One possibility (also highlighted in part here by Imagethief) is that Chinese oil companies are selling oil internationally in large amounts to take advantage of the surge in international crude prices then, with the aid of compliant officials, fudging the numbers on the demand figures at home to justify the exports, an echo of China’s practice of exporting grain during the Great Leap food shortages. Thankfully, people aren’t going to starve because the Chinese oil companies are screwing around, but it is going to temporarily slam the brakes on China’s new American-style love affair with the automobile — and it could put a dent in China’s much-heralded economic growth."

#53     Aug 18, 2005
  4. Anyone know how much of the dollar you spend on gas goes to terrorist funding Saudi Arabia? I bought gas for the car and want to know how much I'm contributing to terrorism. I just want to compare how much I'm giving to foreign terrorists as opposed to American terrorists (in the form of taxes.)

#54     Aug 18, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

I believe the Chinese are cooking the books on alot of things. Fudging Govt. numbers right and left. How Copper is trading around their numbers is more than suspicious. I buy this. Of course, full disclosure, I believe the US GOVT. cooks their books as well. Maybe, I am mad that no one in China has cut in me in on it!!

#55     Aug 18, 2005
  6. If there truly was an alternative to oil...that was annually renewable...and environmentally much friendlier...

And if the cost was approximately $400 billion in terms of being a full replacement to the US...and consumers would pay $1.50 per gallon equivalent...and generated millions of jobs....You could use the diesel engines that you have now....and iys production does not compete for food....

You would think that the US would jump all over this....

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/05/289306.shtml

What is extraordinarily interesting is that some smaller Caribbean countries could be self sufficient...They use mostly diesels now...
    and do not have near as many vehicles as the US....

The DOE is just another political toy...cannot be counted on...

This is good stuff....not for the Bush Cheney outfit however...but definitely good for the US ....and the world...

Just think..the Saudis...Iran...Iraq...Venezuela...Russia...would be facing quite a different future....

This is the kind of stuff that the world needs to embrace and run with.....

#56     Aug 18, 2005
  7. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Looking for conspiracies is bad speculation in commodities. Just look at demand. Supply can be manipulated and “cooked,” but new demand is real. You can speculate all day long how oil supply is manipulated and controlled for the interests of countries, ideologies, and people you love to hate.

The fact is that there is new global demand for oil. It’s real. So, the question to ask is this: Are oil suppliers --as a whole-- unwilling or unable to meet this new demand right now and the near future?

There is still plenty of oil. The reserves are proven. I know about the Peak-of-Oil, but the price of oil today has nothing to do with what may or may not happen in 2020. The point is whether the suppliers TODAY are unwilling or unable to meet this new global demand.

#57     Aug 18, 2005
  8. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Two can play this game:

"I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master."

--Thomas Jefferson

#58     Aug 18, 2005
  9. "the trend is up", says t. boone pickens

who is also bullish on coal and canadian oil shale.

#59     Aug 18, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

I agree with this 100 percent. Conspiracies do not help a trader at all. Just a distraction. I have heard so many conspiracies over the years---that I find them entertaining. I do believe the stock market conspiracies though. That is the one I have made money off of. The PPT is propping up the stocks. :D

#60     Aug 18, 2005