Oil Prices

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by libertad, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Casey30

Casey30

Maybe the refiners are purposely holding back production(under-producing). The electric utilities held back power production during the not too long ago energy crisis in california in order to spike prices.

I remember everyone denying this at the time. Primarily they said it was because no new power plants had been built recently so demand suddenly outgrew supply. However I remember the times or the journal showed a graph of power consumption versus production capacity over a long period of time and there was really no supply shortages due to production capacity. It had to be something else, which later became more apparent as the ENRON tapes were released of the traders actually manipulating supply by turning on and off power plants.

It seems earily similar to now, just switch the commodity from electricty to oil. Remeber there are few players in both businesses.

#41     Aug 13, 2005
  2. hayman

hayman

Agreed. Not a word of this from our fearless (aka, idiot) leader (Bush, if this is not obvious). Prices continue to rise, our boys continue to get killed, and he's off now on a vacation for the month. Are Americans idiots or what (for voting this moron in to office, that is) ?

#42     Aug 14, 2005
  3. Hayman

Americans were given misrepresentations upon which to vote...

In the business world ..this is not fair...and is called fraud...

The facts point to a very strong case that Bush has committed fraud in the face of the American public...and is a mere puppet of someone else...His name is Cheney.......

Unfortunately...this is no joke....

Follow the money...follow the facts...and ignore everything else...the truth will reveal itself....

Impeachment is too kind for these two...

Bush does not have the intelligence to understand the harm that he has caused the US...Cheney´s just chasing the money....and Bush´s dad...well...just remember he was head of the CIA...and feels like the world owes him because he actually did serve in the US military...but not for free...can´t let these lil ole CEO´s beat me money wise...etc...

The truth will be known soon...as if it isn´t already...

Americans are smarter than this....hopefully....

#43     Aug 14, 2005
  4. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

The WHOLE WESTERN WORLD always had positive and negative views of America and Americans. That has never changed.

What happened was the American liberals fell into a loud hysterical panic, which actually stems from their self-delusional arrogance: As they lose power and influence in America, how could anyone like America anymore? Total arrogance.

Sure, the election of Bush and the invasion of Iraq pissed off a lot of Marxists and Muslims, who never really had a positive view of America and Americans to begin with, and who will undermine America at every chance they can get. And even when we were appeasing the Muslim world in ernest under Clinton's watch, it failed miserably. And then we get attacked, anyway.

If our enemies had any brains, they wouldn't give Bush the political means to occupy the world's second largest oil reserve, especially in a time when light sweet crude oil is getting scarce. They bet on America folding and they lost with eggs all over their faces.

#44     Aug 14, 2005
  5. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Rather than thinking Americans are stupid, why don't you help fix the Democratic Party, so they have a chance in hell in 2008.

#45     Aug 14, 2005
  6. newbunch

newbunch

"The one prevailing evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." Lord Acton

#46     Aug 14, 2005
  7. Excellent and colorful commentary

The USA is basically a Bush Family business.....

Hey look...hats off...he pulled it off...

The world is mine ...and has the markets I exploit everyday...

This opportunity awaits to anyone who wishes...No employees...If you do not like your environment...you change it without your business having to change....Quite a beautiful life....

Lets hope some alt energy names ...and a lot of China names add their paper to the mix...so we will have more stuff to trade...on what will soon be a singular electronic tube....l

Thanks to the Real Tick - Terra Nova folks....

Hat's off...

..............................................................................

#47     Aug 14, 2005
  8. mhashe

mhashe

Carlyle Group. Most of the companies in the military industrial complex that benefitted from the war are owned by the carlyle group.

#48     Aug 14, 2005
  9. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from libertad:

Follow the money...follow the facts...and ignore everything else...the truth will reveal itself....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlyle Group. Most of the companies in the military industrial complex that benefited from the war are owned by the carlyle group.

............................................................................

Well now....lookie here....

http://www.hereinreality.com/carlyle.html

and this doesn't even include the Halliburton stuff...

Lot's of dough $$$$$$

So far looks to be over $20,000,000...of which both Bush and Cheney ....

After all...inheritance is legal.........

I do not live in the US,,and just find the Bush story intriguing...

But I do find the markets more intriguing.....
    .........................................................................................

What do ya say...$55 before $75...The Iran stuff will wear off pretty quick.....

#49     Aug 14, 2005
  10. Excuse me...over $20,000,000,000...

Lot's of Bush Cheny dough eh ?????

#50     Aug 14, 2005