Oil prices on 5 year horizon

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Random.Capital, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Peak oil is just around the corner and China is still growing %8 or even more

I wish I have the courage to invest all my money in gold or land but I am scared. I know what is gonna happen but I can not act on it.

#11     Feb 22, 2010
  2. How much money in the oil etf right now?

#12     Feb 22, 2010
  3. I understand your sentiments exactly. But think of it this way. If the dollar goes up, gold will go down and vice versa. Therefore, keeping some money in gold bullion or GLD is simply a hedge against a probable resumption of the dollar decline.

Personally, I got stopped out of all my metal positions over a month ago. Currently, gold continues to make lower lows on the weekly chart (see attachment). However, as soon as it makes a higher low on the weekly, I plan to get back in and place covered calls when it makes higher highs and looks overbought.

Farmland would be a good investment except that I understand that it has actually gone up in price (although I have not confirmed that). However, if the SHTF bad enough to consider leaving the US, you may regret having your money in land.

#13     Feb 22, 2010