Oil is going to cause a World Depression

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by midlifeguy, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Or California, Texas, Arizona, you name it....
    total haves and have nots busting their ass for the haves.

#11     Nov 10, 2007
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i could save the us dollar single handed and make it strong again.

all i would have to do is short it. if you guys would agree to send me some charity when i'm broke i will take one for the team!

:D

#12     Nov 10, 2007
  3. True, but I'm growing the opinion that this excessive government spending currently is part of the (secret) agenda of the FED. Their controlling banks are the ones receiving the interest payed by all taxpayers. The more debt the more interest. When that starts to slow down, because of slowing economy and law of diminshing return it is better to crash the plane in the ground and build a new one.

#13     Nov 10, 2007
  4. clacy

clacy

:) Now that is pretty damn funny

#14     Nov 10, 2007
  5. I am believing we may have an AMERO currency someday that encompasses Canada, U.S. and Mexico.

#15     Nov 12, 2007
  6. Yep, oil is at all times high ... However its inflationary effect on economy is damped by the slow housing market. If anybody paid attention to 3rd quarter GDP numbers, US exports more than ever. On the other hand importers are reluctant to pass on increasing costs to customers. As far as I can see, US companies have adjusted well to the weak dollar.

Depression is nowhere in sight.

Europeans should be the ones fearing depression. Strong Euro and reluctance to change (see France) have bled the EU zone economy for quite a while now .... :D

#16     Nov 21, 2007
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You seem to be having a midlife crisis right now sir, while things certainly look (and in most cases are even worse) bad I doubt that we come totally unhinged. What we need, babdly, is a global and domestic bear market, a real one, unmanipulated to the powers that be (HA!). In short, we need to "take our medicine" from overspending, slave lablr from abroad etc etc. Once we do that we will be able to start to enjoy some measure of growth again and also some of the gains from this and prior cycles. Of course who nkows if the pols are smarrt enough to let it happen, my guesss is they will make it worse somehow and prolong it which si just as well.

#17     Nov 22, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

The title said world wide, and last time I checked, other countries are not allowed to print US dollars....

#18     Nov 24, 2007
  9. systems integration, is still top notch within the US, though there is a greater degree of segregation in wealth, the infrastructure and integration is still top notch.

there is big difference between a third world country and the US, third world countries are hodge podge of systems integration and quite messy at that.

#19     Nov 24, 2007
  10. dis

dis

I would be more than happy to relieve you from all those worthless dollars that you might have.

#20     Nov 25, 2007