Oil - is everything from now

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Batman28, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Cool. So a long term oil trade and you really can't lose. War with Iran would be the end of the dollar forever.

#11     Jun 29, 2008
  2. Sorry, I don't believe it. If you've got all the past claims of Hersh, feel free to post them. But don't post only the ones he guessed right.

#12     Jun 29, 2008
  3. Loose change IMO is BS, but if it were true it would have a lot do with this, note loose change cant be completely false and this can still be true: ( which is what I think)

Crazy thought. This is just ridiculous out of the ass talking, but what if 6 or 7 years ago the supply issue was discovered by our government. Some modern day 007 snuck into a Saudi office building and stole some documents that made clear the lack of supply of oil in the middle east. Ok I know thats melodramatic, but it sounds cool. Anyways what would our government do? They would understand that when oil starts to run out that we would have to take it by force, lest we be stuck with none or way high prices that we couldnt sustain. Our country simply can't handle $500 oil. So what do they do? They use any excuse they can to have an initial military presence in the middle east: WMD's, terrorists, etc because they know the american people would never get behind a purely financial based war, even if its in their best interest. So we go into iraq first b/c its the easiest sell. Next Iran, and so on until we guarantee our countries energy future. If that was the case Bush would be a damn hero. I know its kind of ridiculous, and I dont like conspiracy theories either, but hey you never know right? Its at least interesting to think about.

#13     Jun 29, 2008
  4. each unfinished war sets up the next one..

count up the middle east wars from the last 50 years which never settled much of anything and take your pick.

the price of oil is the score keeper.

#14     Jun 29, 2008