Oil - is everything from now

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Batman28, Jun 29, 2008.

1. so the one and only number everyone will be watching is the price of oil this week. we've hit a clear bear market run with oil at this level and it can get worse.

if on Monday oil doesn't drop below 139 sell/short everything. Everything should hit new lows this coming week.

so the options are to buy oil stocks or non-oil-dependent stocks (tech etc). Tech will also start fallin shortly later as demand for luxury goods falls due high prices of necessities..

alot is said as to whether this oil bubble is speculation or real fundamental demand/supply.. I think it's best to ignore the reason and understand oil at $140+ is clean and clear disaster for economy.

A good play now is to go long tech, oil stocks, Euro, short Dow, Airlines, financials, Dollar..

we should see another 500+ point drop on Dow this week if oil remains $139+.

2. Why America doesn't demand to know not only who was there, but what was said at DICK Cheneys secret energy task force meetings is beyond me.

Was part of the plan to drive oil higher to obtain drilling access to the off limit areas of California, Florida and ANWAR? Funny, nobody gives a shit now about wildlife, they are all screaming "DRILL!". And funny how it is a key topic in current poli-talk, right before the end of the regime.

3. Iran to ready thousands of graves for enemy soldiers

Jun 29 02:55 PM US/Eastern

Iran is to dig 320,000 graves in border districts to allow for the burial of enemy soldiers in the event of any attack on its territory, a top commander said on Sunday.
    "In implementation of the Geneva Conventions... the necessary measures are being taken to provide for the burial of enemy soldiers," the Mehr news agency quoted General Mir-Faisal Bagherzadeh as saying.

"We have plans to dig 15,000 to 20,000 graves in each of the border provinces or a total of 320,000," the general said, some of them mass graves if necessary.

Bagherzadeh said Iran was keen to "reduce the suffering of the families of the fallen in any attack against our country... and prevent any repetition of the long and bitter experience of the Vietnam War."

His comments came as the United States continued to refuse to rule out an eventual resort to force against Iran over its contested nuclear programme, which the West fears is cover for a drive to build an atomic weapon.

They also came as Israeli officials spoke of their determination to prevent Iran developing a nuclear capability at all costs.

A former head of Israel's Mossad foreign intelligence agency said in comments published on Sunday that the Jewish state had one year to destroy Iran's nuclear programme or face the risk of coming under nuclear attack.

Shabtai Shavit told a London weekly that the "worst-case scenario" was that Tehran would have a nuclear weapon within "somewhere around a year".

"The time that is left to be ready is getting shorter all the time," he told the Sunday Telegraph.

Israel is the only, if undeclared, nuclear armed power in the Middle East.

===

This Ahmadinejad guy is one funny motherfucker. I never thought anyone could replace the antics of Saddam but this guy is better.

4. This Seymore Hersh guy (however he spells his name) has been publishing these reports for a while now. Not saying the ape Bush isn't going to do it, but if he was, Hersh surely wouldn't know.

5. PaulRon

PaulRon

I agree... you have to watch oil.

6. I definitely buy the whole 'loose change' argument as well, but lets move the discussion forward to 'motive'. Cheney and these guys are already soaking in money. What is the motive of their current behavior? Is a net worth of 30-100m and annual income of 10m not *enough*?

Or is it about more than money?

... (These aged texan politicians admittedly look like aliens to me.. maybe conventional human rules/values don't apply)

7. Do not underestimate Sy.

He is more connected than we will ever know.

8. Ansare

Ansare

Ivanovich - All due respect, history shows if Seymour Hirsch writes it, it's true.

#10     Jun 29, 2008