Oil: I call short term bottom right here

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Rearden Metal, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Still 2-5 days too early for a crude bottom, imo.

Related, I will consider OIH long in the 118-120 range.

last = 124.85

#21     Sep 12, 2006
  2. BCE

BCE

Wasn't there some talk from OPEC that they would only consider trimming prodution if crude fell below 60?

#22     Sep 12, 2006
  3. BCE

BCE

BTW, another observation is that this has had a minor bounce in the mornings lots of days here recently during the selloff. But they sold into every rally attempt. So if you're going long as a swing trade better be careful IMHO. :) Good luck with your trades everyone. :)

#23     Sep 12, 2006
  4. contango

contango

It has been fun riding this one down but now I'm out again... Can't see that there's much more stop fishing to be had. OPEC looking to give the market a floor and there "should" be heavy spec buying today on any less of a draw than 2mil in crude and gas.

#24     Sep 13, 2006
  5. Ha hahaaha....definitely one of the funniest posts on ET so far...freaking hilarious.

:D :D :D :D :D

#25     Sep 13, 2006
  6. How long do you think the President of Iran and all the other oil producing nations are going to sit quietly and accept billions of dollars less for their oil than they did last month????

Aminjad(whatever the spelling) has a knack for jawboning the markets to his advantage....

maybe he says BOO today.

#26     Sep 13, 2006
  7. BCE

BCE

#27     Sep 13, 2006
  8. Yes.....AFTER the oil inventories report there is the possibility of a base being put in.

#28     Sep 13, 2006
  9. BCE

BCE

#29     Sep 13, 2006
  10. e-miNY

e-miNY

I wonder why no one called the top back in July. Any idea Rearden Metal?

#30     Sep 13, 2006