Oil hits record $122 on $200 oil prediction

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 2manywhiners, May 6, 2008.

1. I am extremely close to shorting this thing... Already figured out entry points and distribution for diversifying it... Made too much on the way up to just sit and wait for it to move against me too much, then get out late and kick myself for being on the wrong side of the move. I personally don't give a shit what i pay at the pump, its pennies. And people on ET who claim to be players in one thread, then bitch about how much they pay for gas in another thread, that's just funny. Not the least bit surprising though...

#11     May 13, 2008
  2. and yet,

and yet,

and yet, NOTHING from the White House to the American public,,,

is this the coldest, insensitive, non-caring bunch ever?

they got theirs and still getting it the higher and higher Oil goes,

and care less about every one else.....

is there another stimulus check coming?

great, now we're all on the Dole!

we could get used to these handouts, you know,

#12     May 13, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

those stimulus checks are going right towards oil and food, they need another stimulus package, this one should be $500,000,000,000, its free money.....they need to keep the economy from falling further so why not pump it up with free cash.

#13     May 13, 2008

4. so this is Supply Side Economics?, huh?

no consumer, marketplace or industry protections?

no tax breaks accountability to those companies that received them, especially those that continue to execute foreigh policy by off-shoring US jobs?

ever call a call center?, for you credit card?, for your bank?, for your technical support?, for your software?, for your new TV, HD Cable, Video games?

where did all those AMERICAN jobs go?, hmmmmm

guess that's what being conservative means....duplicitousness

#14     May 13, 2008
  5. agmccall

agmccall

The question should not be "Where did all those American jobs go????" The question should be "Why did all those American jobs go?"

If you take the time to look into that question you will surely see Liberalism as the answer.

#15     May 13, 2008
  6. Just waiting it out at this point. Oil is extremely close to its new 2-3 year peak...

Just out of curiosity though, how does everyone like the sponsor links at the bottom of ET's site layout? Not attacking Baron's monetary interests, I know it takes money to run this (pointless) website, but why is it that the most significant change to the site in the last 5 years was a sponsor link update? Seriously, ET has very few updates on anything other than the forums, and there is almost no substance here except for stupid name calling on a message board... no charts, no news articles (other than cut-n-pasting from news sources like I did with this thread), no new books to review, not much of anything. Very little substance reminds me why its so easy to not log on for months at a time, on occaision.

#16     May 15, 2008
  7. no time,

busy watching charts

care to explain your statement, for all of us to respect it?

would be nice to try to comprehend what all these labels being thrown about are supposed to imply and really mean....

from the outside, since non of us traders are or were involved in those discussions,

from the outside, these companies took the US and State and Industrial-Development tax breaks and incentives and reported job increases, just dishonestly, because those were all ways slated to be off shore in the first place.

dishonest? without any question...
    dishonest to whom?, since no one cared to follow up with the strings attached part of the tax breaks.....

was it implementation of foreign policy? through corporate lying?

-- perhaps, perhaps not,

but to just take a label?, that lacks any reasonable intelligence in your statement, so explain

#17     May 15, 2008
  8. This website is pointless. I've sifted through the most recent junk on ET and it's amazing how stupid people are.

#18     Oct 12, 2008
  9. Less than six months. $52. From $127+. Still taking a beating too...

#19     Nov 19, 2008