Oil guru says crude could hit $190 this winter

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by just21, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Babak

Babak

Simmons is to oil stocks what Gilder was to the internet stocks.

#11     Oct 19, 2005
  2. Bob111

Bob111

i think guru is wrong, because at this levels all other alternative sources will be very profitable. read info about biodiesel,hydrogen,solar energy etc. unstead of BS war on terrorism USA should work on those things,if they want to see real victory on middle east

#12     Oct 19, 2005
  3. I predict that publicity seeking authors will say anything to get noticed.

#13     Oct 20, 2005
  4. At that price you and I and everybody else will be growing corn in our back yards to convert to gasohol. That rhymes with assohol.

#14     Oct 20, 2005
  5. Anttso1

Anttso1

"""Oil guru says crude could hit $190 this winter """

Yeah. Like the Dow will hit 40.000 nowdays i believe someone said.

#15     Oct 20, 2005
  6. Nah-the US will invade Alberta and make it the 51st state or maybe invade and take over all of Canada, except Qubec. Too French for Bush!

There is also synergy after the invasion: Bush could put his pic on the $1 coin and it could still accurately be called the "looney".

DS

ps-IMO, when gurus start making extreme calls, bet the other way.

#16     Oct 20, 2005
  7. maxpi

maxpi

LOL. Biodiesel needs fertilizers made from oil to grow the stuff, hydrogen is just a way to store energy and needs lots of energy to produce it and transport it and there is no assurance that a hydrogen car would not be a ready-made terrorist bomb with huge explosive potential, solar supplies about enough energy to have one light bulb per household but it will be dimmer at night.

#17     Oct 20, 2005
  8. did anybody notice oil go <60. is this guys story like the bear on the cover of newsweek magazine?

#18     Oct 20, 2005
  9. i don't think this is a fair analogy. i think simmons makes most of his money from his investment banking company, not from a newsletter, like gilder. his predictions are getting a little bit out there, though.

#19     Oct 20, 2005