Oil gonna crash today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Jun 16, 2008.

1. saudis are arab.

#11     Jun 16, 2008
  2. I think what you means is "EVEN WHEN YOU ARE STUPID, YOU ARE CLUELESS"

DUH

#12     Jun 16, 2008
  3. new$

new$

SANCHO DONE IT:

June 14, 2008
    YAHOO! NEWS
    San Diego drivers appreciate Mexico's cheap gas
    SAN DIEGO - If there's pain at the pump in the U.S., Mexico may just have a remedy. A gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in San Diego retails for an average price of $4.61 a gallon. A few miles south, in Tijuana, it's about $2.54 — even less if you pay in pesos.
    More and more people appear to be taking advantage of the lower price.
    "I used to buy exclusively in the U.S. before gas started really going up," said Patrick Garcia, a drama teacher at an elementary school in San Diego who lives in Tijuana. "Since then, I've been buying all my gas in Tijuana."
    The lower prices mean a U.S. motorist could save almost $54 filling up a two-year-old Ford F150 pickup with a 26-gallon fuel tank in Mexico.
    The differential in diesel is even greater, selling at $5.04 a gallon in San Diego County and $2.20 in Tijuana.
    Paul Covarrubias, 26, who lives in Chula Vista and works in construction in San Diego, crosses the border each week just to refuel his dual-cab Ford F-250 pickup.
    "I fill it up with diesel in Tijuana for $60," he said. "It would be almost twice that in San Diego."
    Gas is cheaper in Mexico because of a government subsidy intended to keep inflationary forces in check.
    Still, international gas-buying trips don't make sense for everyone. The wait getting back into the U.S. at the border in Tijuana frequently takes longer than two hours and cars can burn about a gallon of gas for each hour they idle.

:D:D :D

#13     Jun 16, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

DEE for the oil drop....

:D

#14     Jun 16, 2008
  5. "falling off a cliff" to close where it opened. Um....yeah.

You're a bonehead.

#15     Jun 16, 2008
  6. Um the OIL etf opened at 83 and closed at 80.5

bloomberg shows oil being down 7/10 %

#16     Jun 16, 2008
  7. When you called it I showed it down half a point. Regardless, even if it is 7/10 off, you cannot make the statement about it "falling of a cliff" and then say you're right. That's one of the biggest problems with you. You make sweeping generalisations, and then claim victory any time the prediction is in the same solar system as your call.

You're the ET Cramer, pure and simple.

#17     Jun 16, 2008
  8. hmmmmmm....So if I take a semi (with no trailer) to Tijuana and fill the tanks (300 gallons) three times a day, burn approximately 100 gallons in the process, I could bring back 800 gallons in a day. +$2000 profit per day.............1/2 a million a year (no weekends).

In trader land...thats considered a guaranteed trade. :D

#18     Jun 16, 2008
  9. my Lexus LS400 consumes .5 gallons an hour at idle and my Camry consumes .3 gallons an hour while idling. A friend's Toyota Echo consumes .15 gallons per hour idling.

#19     Jun 16, 2008
  10. new$

new$

think what the north american trade agreement is going to do to american vs mexican truckers.

:(

#20     Jun 16, 2008