Oil depot explosion in London.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by LordMelbury, Dec 11, 2005.

1. The same way the police in the US said it wasn't terrorism when that Egyptian opened fire at the El AL terminal in the airport around July 4 last year. They said it wasn't terrorism, then eventually decided it probably was.

To avoid panic and making themselves look bad they rule out terrorism right off the bad unless it's so obvious they can't. Remember people always remember their first impression -- this Richard Jewell -- in the 96 olympics he was first thought to be involved but eventually cleared -- but how many people still think he did it (even though they caught the bomber and he confessed)?

Honestly my impression here in the US is that most people here don't care what goes on outside the US. A bombing in London is about as close to worrying as many people here do....but anywhere else is seen as a "can't happen here" type of event.

SSB

#11     Dec 11, 2005
  2. Yeah, a 100 lot CL future, but perception and reality are often opposed. Anyway, we'll see where CL/QM opens tonight.

#12     Dec 11, 2005
  3. just21

just21

The witnesses knew it was going to blow and ran, doesn't sound like terrorism but an operational error.

#13     Dec 11, 2005
  4. They have said that they have ruled out terrorism on the television. (Can we believe them?)

How they came to such a conclusion so early I do not know.

#14     Dec 11, 2005
  5. just21

just21

There are interviews with the witnesses on British TV. They new it was going up and ran.

#15     Dec 11, 2005
  6. I certainly would not believe ANYTHING the British Police say . Actually after the London bombing then the shooting of an innocent in the tube and their lies and cover ups I would tend to believe the opposite of what they say

#16     Dec 11, 2005
  7. my take is 90% probability of an accident and 10% AQ splinter type action --- mainly because there has been a lot of oil industry accidents in England over the last 10 to 15 years.

now what happens with the CL contract and the FTSE tonight should clear up if the "accident" story is holding water.

#17     Dec 11, 2005