Oil Bulls = Heroes for the Planet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aeliodon, May 6, 2008.

1. $120 dollar oil is good, $240 would be great. Extremely high oil prices are the only way to:

* Bring an end to the relentless liquidity pump all the central bankers have been engaging in the past 5 years in an attempt to repeal the business cycle. The business cycle is perfectly natural and absolutely necessary for long term economic health. $240 Crude would force central banker to turn off the money printing presses (at least temporarily) and allow some healthy deflation.

* America's love affair with obesity (huge cars, huge bellys, huge homes) has got to stop. And crude at $240 would bring an end to America's obesity fetish pretty quickly.

* High oil prices is the only way to bring the ugly blight on the American landscape that is suburban sprawl. High oil prices with force people to live where they work (in cities and towns and not 60 miles away in the suburbs).

* High oil prices is required for a massive amount of investment needed for home grown clean energy.

* High oil prices is the only way we're going to abandon the dependence on the Arabs - those princely terrorists who would be cavemen without the black gold under the ground. By reducing our dependence on oil we destroy their civilization, religion of terror, and culture of terror - as we should.

I know for a fact that at least half of ET is short oil from 120 so this thread isn't going to be well received. I also know we are due for a correction but hopefully it is just a temporary pullback on our way to 240.

Oil Bulls = Heroes for the Planet

Forget donating to charity, raise the bid or hit the ask on crude oil instead - its the best thing you can do for your country and for the world.

2. And that comes out to 6 "traders", not counting the King of "Cut & Paste" S2007S

Yawn.

3. Fuckin damit!

Why was this thread moved to the garbage section of ET?

It is perhaps the most insightful and truest economics thread ever created.

I've had so many threads deleted or sent to P&R that I've lost count.

To the moderator that did this - you are ONE BIG PUSSY. And so is most of ET. I just come here for jokes and comedy.

I'm just not going to contribute any great insights anymore. I'm just gonna going to be an anti-social joker like trader28.

4. What do you say to the fixed income people who are the ones who will suffer the most from $240.00 oil?

Let them eat dog food?

The central bankers won't suffer...

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like maybe this is in the right forum after all.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I say F'em.

But that's just me.

7. I agree. Let their families take care of them. If they have none, they won't be missed, will they?

8. Neither will the Democrats who are slaves to the greens suffer.

People on fixed incomes that vote Democrat should blame themsleves for voting for the party that refuses to establish any coherent energy policy.

There is plenty of oil around, the left just won't let anyone go get it.

9. Tell them they shouldn't have voted for people that won't let this country drill and refine oil.

10. * High oil prices is the only way to bring the ugly blight on the American landscape that is suburban sprawl. High oil prices with force people to live where they work (in cities and towns and not 60 miles away in the suburbs).

Mortgage money (policy fed or otherwise) is responsible for suburban sprawl not cheap gas.

#10     May 7, 2008