Oil at $200, Stocks Can Keep Rallying....Dont think so Mr. Rogers.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Also, a lot has to do with poor journalism in my view.

Why doesnt any reporter asks him: Jim, China is even printing more money then the US but you are still bulish on them? What's up with that?

Either they arent allowed or they are to dumb.

Probably a bit of both.:)

#11     Oct 9, 2009
  2. I was watching that Short GE interview in april and in all fairness it tanked to sub5$ a share a few days after.

Wouldnt he have covered afterwards?:D

Anyway, sure there is a lot of mist and cult to the man 'who partnered Soros during the seventies and made billions' but hey that's showbizz I guess.

#12     Oct 9, 2009
  3. I don't mean to disrespect his persona, just wanted to mention he is becoming a bit tiring that's all

He made tons of money, he can do what he loves and has a lot of passion for for the rest of his life (markets, economics), he drove around the world twice and has a wife that is a couple of decades younger than him. Good for him.

Marc Faber actually seems to have the character trait (very rare among people IMO) to make fun of himself and not to take himself too seriously, that makes his interviews much more enjoyable to watch. Just my 2c.

#13     Oct 9, 2009
  4. Yeah.....in a way it is all about what's next....

So what's next....

Has always been the case....

1% see it....
    another 5% see it....
    another 10%
    another 20%
    then the rest see it
    all done

What's next....
    Presence established....

This is what prices are all about....

Rogers established a previous performance presence that was real
    and outstanding....

And now gets the journalistic favors....

One day soon....and already so....the truth can be just a click away....

Not to get off the subject but am looking forward to de-fragmented fully electronic direct access exchanges seamlessly worldwide....

Money flows worldwide will be even easier to monitor....more choices.....

And to the point.....more interesting macro views that are actually easier to implement than what today allows.....

Thus posing more and more pundits....some of which will need live translation....

ie a Chinese style Rogers...Faber...etc....

#14     Oct 9, 2009
  5. Agreed.:)

Faber is great.

[​IMG]

:D

I do have respect for both and their 'contratian peers' and I will tell you why.

As the credit crisis hit in the spring of 08 with the crash of Bear Stearns the country where I live (Belgium) was bound to get hit hard as it had probably the most overextended VS GDP and overleveraged banking sector worldwide maybe Iceland excluded.

That didnt stop both the mainstream media, the political class and the banking CEO's to keep stating even after 90% drops in their stocks screaming at the top of their lungs everything was AOK!!!

Right up untill the very night the biggest bank (Fortis) was dismantled and the equity got wiped out propaganda was running full speed taking down with them thousands if not hundred thousands of retail speculators and others that paid top money for financial advise who got wiped out to the tune of billions of dollars.

I have seen huge drama's unfolding in my environment, people who have gotten annihilated these last 12 months and never saw what hit them.

Myself and my close surroundings (although they did have prior to 08 large exposure to the banking sector, as did most moms and pops) did just fine and I owe quit a bit of that to the likes of Rogers and co to their easy accessible repertoire so you could see why I am a bit biased.

If Americans think CNBC is full of government sponsored **** they should watch European TV.

It's really almost unthinkable for such types to get any kind of airplay over here.

#15     Oct 10, 2009
  6. .........................................................................................

"Airplay" is controlled by the corps. and anyone who pays the tab....that is anyone who actually "pays"....and anyone who can boost "Nielsen" rankings whereupon advertising rates are dependent....Prove you have the eyeballs....get more $....

Thus journalism is journalism....and certainly helps the savvy trader....

Just take a quick view of most any category in neg/pos media periods....and think about what "sells the emotionally stupid"....and then as a pro trader....what to do about it....and recognize what the situation is actually presenting....

One can go back through all of the high and low major points....
    and realize opportunities never change much in how they are presented to the savy pro trader....

One has to continually step outside "the airtime captive audience" and act like a pro....knowing what it really is....

ie 87....How many years did the 87 call ...support Garzarelli....?

Then think about what really happened.....and how a pro should really handle the situation.....

How much more biased could March of 2009 gotten ?
    Easy to do....no....but a lot easier if one was just watching the charts ....and not listening to "airwave privilege directives"....

How many years before another March 2009 ?

ie the next war ?

So from this ...one can construe how to better use time frames from intraday to long term.....and how important they are....

Always differing media names....effects coming off the same as usual.....just another name who got some "airwave time"....

#16     Oct 10, 2009