Ohio Senate passes Union Busting Bill. Another proud day for America.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Great point and I completely agree.

You know it's a good rejoinder when Mr "Post a Minute" Ricter doesn't reply.

Ricter, do you even take bathroom breaks during the day? Someone please take a look at this guy's daily post count. He must live in filth.

#11     Apr 1, 2011
  2. Interesting that the same people who wish to do away with collective bargaining rights also don't want to even engage in a discussion about placing a cap on executuve compensation. Always looking out for the overlord.

#12     Apr 1, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I hold off on my bathroom breaks if I think you're about to post.

#13     Apr 1, 2011
  4. I think denner's posts are his bathroom breaks.

#14     Apr 1, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

Good thing. You're killing the grass! :D

#15     Apr 1, 2011
  6. Beware buyers remorse:

"Chuck Canterbury, the national president of the Fraternal Order of Police, said his members are “shocked” by the turn of events.

“Who are these evil teachers who teach your children, these evil policemen who protect them, these evil firemen who pull them from burning buildings? When did we all become evil?” said Canterbury, whose union endorsed Bush in 2000 and 2004 and John McCain in 2008."

S

#16     Apr 1, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's not the same thing dopey. And while I think there are over paid executives, the share holders are the ones in a position to do something about that.

#17     Apr 1, 2011
  8. Gosh, you know so much. And while that may work great in theory, it tends to work out somewhat differently in real life. There is something of an incestuous circle among intercompany board membership. And, for all intents and purposes, it is at the board level where such compensation decisions are effectively made. Judging by the results, there is very much a quid pro quo understanding among the "musical chair board member community" as each glutton gets his turn at the trough.

But your theory is just marvelous.

#18     Apr 1, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

So you want the state to determine executive compensations of private companies. What else would you like the all knowing far reaching federal government to dictate? Not counting speech, thought, taxes, integration, marriage, oil, and guns of course.
    I already know you want all those strictly regulated from afar.

#19     Apr 1, 2011
  10. I am merely noting your desire to quash employees' bargaining rights as a matter of law, while leaving executive compensation dynamics to the "invisible hand." The underdog can look after himself, while you coddle the overlord.

#20     Apr 1, 2011