Ohio House passes bill to require GPS in all vehicles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Esq Esq Esq, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Ohio probably learned from what happened in Arizona....

Man Dons Mask for Speed-Camera

(Sept. 8) - An Arizona man who has been served 37 speeding tickets in the mail is refusing to pay them because he says the pictures captured by the state's photo-enforcement cameras don't show that it's him driving, AZcentral.com reported Tuesday.

The photos on the tickets all show the driver wearing a monkey mask.

[​IMG]

"Not one of them there is a picture where you can identify the driver," said Dave Vontesmar, a flight attendant who works at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. "The ball's in their court. I sent back all these ones I got with a copy of my driver's license and said, 'It's not me. I'm not paying them.' "

But police disagree and say they've been watching him closely.

"We watched him four different times put the monkey mask on and put the giraffe-style mask on," Officer Dave Porter told AZcentral.com. "Based on surveillance, we were positive that Vontesmar was the driver."

Still, Vontesmar is confident that he won't have to pay the fines, which could exceed $6,500.

"It's obviously a revenue grab," he said of the new photo-enforcement program. "They're required by law to ID the driver of the vehicle. If they can't identify the driver or the vehicle by the picture, what are they doing to identify the driver?"

Arizona police are having a hard time getting a lot of speeders to pay tickets they receive in the mail. Read more about that on AZcentral.com.

http://www.aolnews.com/story/driver-wears-monkey-mask-in-speed-camera/661005

#11     Apr 1, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

another piece of bs...parts and maintenance are the biggest part of their revenue. and.. more cars totaled-more new ones will be sold. mean more profits to you mr Mulally..common...do they seriously believe that we are all retarded?

#12     Apr 1, 2010
  3. If GPS units in new cars means fewer cops on the hiway with radar guns, me and my classic muscle cars are all for it. :D

#13     Apr 1, 2010
  4. http://www.dailytech.com/Students+U...ocent+Drivers+Prank+Teachers/article13749.htm

I would have so done this if the technology was in place when I was in high school.

#14     Apr 1, 2010
  5. Argghh this has to be an April Fool's joke!....had be going for a bit.

#15     Apr 1, 2010
  6. OK - as April fools is over - lets delete this thread or move it to chit chat.

(fyi: if you clicked the link and went ALLL THE WAY below to the end - you will read:

� 2010 This is not a real article. It is an April Fools parody. No Rights Reserved.

)

#16     Apr 2, 2010
  7. Was slow to catch on, but the drive by download attempts upon clicking the link raised my suspicions. Still not sure what that was about. Had to use taskmanager to kill all the popups. CNN infecting visitors with a virus? Now that would be a real April fools prank.

#17     Apr 2, 2010
  8. look closely at the link. cnn.com.usnewsstories.com - what does that look like to you? looks like Esq Esq Esq linked us to an attack site.

#18     Apr 2, 2010
  9. hmm...that's fucked up

#19     Apr 2, 2010
  10. guys - def not the intent
    friend of mine sent this to me and I figured I'd put it up.

i got 0 popups (prob b/c I'm using chrome)?

my apologies.

#20     Apr 2, 2010