Ohhh Ohhhh Poindirex

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by janko, Apr 25, 2002.

1. janko

janko

anyone else have problems with pointdirex this morning, the platform is just all out of whack, and couldnt even pull up their site to maybe reload the software. Any have problems today>?

2. Trade software that is. I use Platinum.

RE the site, I have noticed that if I type in the url in my browser it will not work, but if I click from a banner....say from the www.daytradingstocks.com site....then it works fine even though the banner is pointed to the exact same address I typed. Never quite figured out that one.

3. All I have left to do is fund my account (retail).
    Is this a common or uncommon problem?

4. hans130

hans130

What problems are you experiencing? I have not had any problems. I traded 20k shares this morning.

Hans

5. Is what common? The site issue is beyond me. The software has been flawless for me so I am not sure what happened with Janko. I have not had one single downtime or problem on the newest version which is now over 2 months old.

6. tom_p

tom_p

DAT, I believe you're trading remotely. Does PointDirex have a VPN internet connection?

7. Nope just a regular old cable modem via the internet....no VPN

8. "Is what common? The site issue is beyond me. The software has been flawless for me so I am not sure what happened with Janko. I have not had one single downtime or problem on the newest version which is now over 2 months old."

Thanks DATTrader. Relieved to hear that.
    Actually I have weird timeouts and "no page displayed" errors at the website also. Made me wonder how stable they were. As long as the trading platform works well that's what counts.

9. janko

janko

Ok up and running, i dont knwo what happened, i run on cable modem and all was fine, yeah IB had its fits today, but point direx usually comes up no problem, today it was different, but win2k was acting funny too, some bad indigestion from soemthing- so i uninstalled java and point direx, loaded it back up again, fresh versions and pd started right up, i just dont knwo what happened with it today, i opened it, it ran fine, then machine started freezing up, which it hardly ever does, and then it craped out on me. but all is running well now. thnx for help Dat.
    trading back to norm. although IB kinda ticked me off today.