Oh yes, there are so many job openings...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

STEP daughter and she never laughed in my face. You made that up out of thin air to enhance your misguided feelings of superiority.

She just ignored good advice like almost all kids her age.
    Which we've also already covered, and you keep ignoring.

You didn't answer my question earlier.
    Is it politically correct for YOU to be stereotyping?

#21     Mar 2, 2010
  2. Are you sure she didn't simply wait for the right job for her? certainly you wouldn't want her taking just any offer knowing she'll leave shortly when right job appeared? that wouldn't do her any good and wouldn't do her employer any good either.

#22     Mar 2, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You know how I'm sure sunshine? Because she openly admitted she had no interest in working as long as "the free checks were coming".

Besides, she's got a HS diploma and no job skills of any kind, unless waiting tables and answering the phone count for "skills" these days.

What did'ya think, she was holding out for a management position?

#23     Mar 2, 2010
  4. There are abuses of the system everywhere, as long as there are humans we shall have human nature. (What, you never took advantage of a situation ;) But throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not a solution or an option. PLENTY of people legitimately NEED those benefits! They need the help and they should be helped. After all it is the govt f^ck up that many lost their jobs Agree?

#24     Mar 2, 2010
  5. Mindless liberal garbage. Take an econ class. Or better yet get some common sense.

The real problem with unemployment benefits comes from the enforcement. The recipients are supposed to be actively seeking employment. My understanding is that someone calls and asks you if you are looking for jobs. "Yes" "have you had any interviews" "yes" "ok thanks". LOL

#25     Mar 2, 2010
  6. About a million years ago, I was on unemployment and I had to show up at the employment office, fill out the form and tell the dude who I had contacted that week. I was unemployed fro 2 months. Doubt if its any easier now. Doesn't it depend upon the state laws?

#26     Mar 2, 2010
  7. I am not opposed at all to having the unemployed who are receiving benefits meet the qualifications for benefits...and to have those qualifications reviewed and enforced.

So you can stop the right wing non nonsensical rhetoric...

#27     Mar 2, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

Optional777 is outraged cause his welfare cheque is going to stop coming right away....

He knows he is in for a merciless beating once he shows himself to the general public. :)

#28     Mar 2, 2010
  9. There are jobs out there but they aren't advertised and they are higher level positions. The problem is most firms do not want to hire those that are unemployed, they want to take the employed from other firms.

The lower level positions are not being added first and foremost because nobody knows what the hell the fallout from these giant deficits, tax increases and healthcare will look like.

If you are looking for a job in financial services look at the companies that were largely unaffected by the financial crisis. Look for custodian firms.

#29     Mar 2, 2010
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

#30     Mar 2, 2010