Oh they just OVERcounted home sales for the last 5 years by 20%!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 13, 2011.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Except on your tax returns...even then, it's OK if you're well connected enough like Geithner and actually boss around the IRS.

#11     Dec 14, 2011
  2. Is there any competitor to the National Association of Realtors?
    I would think some young, bright, entrapenuerial type would jump on this story.

Someone with say, excel experience. You know, the ability to sum a colum of numbers. I know this type of heady calculation is often outsourced to Bangalore or Hyderabad, but come on, isn't there a shelf in every bookstore dedicated to excel. For those of us that live in Dumbfuckistan?

Ermm, what's excel?

#12     Dec 14, 2011
  3. What does NAR have to do with the "gommt"?

#13     Dec 14, 2011
  4. There's a few competitors, which, incidentally, is why the NAR data was ever challenged. As I mentioned before, if you care and spend a little time looking, you will find stuff.

#14     Dec 14, 2011
  5. My 'puter can only connect to ET and Poontang. That's how the gummit wants me to spend my time. Born and raised here in Dumfuckistan, I don't know how to use the internets to seach for stuffs. Anyway, an Idol rerun is on, gotta go.

#15     Dec 14, 2011
  6. Good point...

#16     Dec 14, 2011
  7. Top tip - relying on an industry lobby group to provide accurate stats on the state of their industry might not be the best idea in the world.

#17     Dec 14, 2011
  8. Yes, and this would seem obvious to most. The only problem is the mass media bombards all of us with this made up garbage non-stop. If/when anybody challenges the veracity of these "statistics", they are immediately labelled a "loon" or a "conspiracy theorist". There have been so many threads on this site with dittoheads who would continually parrot all of these bullshit stats to silence the "doom and gloom" crowd.

#18     Dec 14, 2011
  9. =========
    LOL:D

While the NAR does have somewhat of a ''sell em bias'';
    they are a selling org.LOL:D

Also ''no change revision in median home prices'';
    also no change in monthly comps, which are more meaningful than a 20% in total sales.

So even the NAR charts were showing a monthly downtrend for years....

#19     Dec 14, 2011
  10. As I keep saying, the people that have challenged NAR on their figures haven't been labeled "loons" or "conspiracy theorists"... If you have followed this debate, it's been going on for a while and there's a lot of very credible folks who have contributed. Ignorance of alternative sources of data and criticisms cannot be used as an excuse. If you don't like being bombarded with "suspect" reporting by the mass media, go out there and find substantial alternatives. Thanks to the blogosphere, it's now possible.

#20     Dec 15, 2011