Oh no! A Positive Wizetrade Review

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kronos Req, Oct 18, 2003.

1. VTTrader

VTTrader

Thanks for your honesty; at least, you can look at the purchase as an education in 'what not to do', which is valuable in itself!

#21     Oct 19, 2003
  2. VTTrader

VTTrader

"I actually got the software for about 2.5K, not 4. But I waived the warranty - knew a guy who talked me into it and offered to help, so I went ahead and took the leap. With the warranty, I think it was only 3K."

Yeah, my pal 'waived' the warranty, and got it for 3K too. Ya know what? That 'waiver' meant he couldn't return it. Period. End of story. Is that how an ethical company does business? 'We'll knock a thousand off the price, but you can't return it if you don't like it?'

*I* brought up the 'cross/uncross' issue; my buddy wanted to trade options using WT to find good opportunities, and we both noticed that, repeatedly, the 'crossed lines' signalling a buy opportunity would uncross themselves later. I've seen this same behavior on stochastics, which makes me wonder whether WT isn't using them.

BTW, just how does WT generate its signals? Do you know? Please tell me you do, for I can' t imagine anyone would be so foolhardy as to risk their capital on signals generated by a system whose parameters are unknown to them.

I can tell you EXACTLY how the indicators I use are generated. Can you do the same for me?

#22     Oct 19, 2003
  3. VTTrader

VTTrader

What happens if GlobalTec ever goes under or discontinues WF, I wonder?

#23     Oct 19, 2003
  4. I am truly glad to hear you made your investment back and a little more....but remember this my friend. The mkts have been trending for seven months and Wizetrade is obviously using trending indicators such as MACD and MA crossovers. Once the mkts flatten out or go sideways for a few months I guarantee you will give those profits back on a few trades. My suggestion is you take at least 3k in profits out of your account and pay yourself back for the purchase.

#24     Oct 19, 2003
  5. VTTrader

VTTrader

It's a deep dark speshul secret forbidden to us mortals. Me, I think you're better off learning how to trade, finding a good system, and plowing your 3k ('no returns, Charlie!') or your 4k ('okay, you can return it!') into actual positions.

#25     Oct 19, 2003
  6. Agreed..I learned a few years ago money management is the only "system" that never fails.

#26     Oct 19, 2003
  7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I have a friend who bought it in 2000 & sold all her stocks before the crash when she saw the red lights. She has not traded with it lately but swear by it.

I have attended their free marketling seminar lately The presenter was using the chart to show the cross over strategy. It is a delayed signal but works in this trending market. Wonder what will it do in the sideways market. Are we better off with trendlines & candles?

#27     Oct 19, 2003
  8. WT used TV ads in Tucson. They also did a mailing.

They wanted poeple to come for an introduction. Tucson has military and retirement populations as well as the usual eletronics and aircraft industries.

They drew what looked like older people and blue colar types.

Personally, I face people in the community as a gofer for an insurance JV that is designed to replace the savings industry and prvent dissruptions in the QOL.

I attended to see how they marketed primarily.

I used a CC to buy the WT because I knew it was a free trial vis a vis the money back guarantee. I followed the required regimen. Meaning I went to Scottsdale for a one day training session. operated the system for the on line time requirement and when through the affiliated brokerage stuff.

I also asked a lot of questions, went to lunch with some people who knew me at the Scottsdale training.

At lunch we sat and took the boolean equations that drive the lights and time fractals and converted the system to a new set of equations.

Just before the afternoon start up I listened to the presenter chat.

The key information that I used to guide my decision to activate the warrantee is:

1. The presenter , a long time investor, had a 50/50 win loss ratio and made money by letting profits run and cutting losses short. WT does not have a function for letting profits run and cutting losses short.

2. The peresenter used 30 stocks for trading. He said he got those and only used those because of prior investing experience. Wt has no culling and universe building function. This was a direct answer to me in the training session. Not a thing he volunteered.

3. I asked for a run down on commodities trading in the training session. WT has no commodities function.

4. I asked in the session if the timing could be oriented to the future (that is how trades are done) regarding the various timing fractals. Everything in WT goes from the present backwards so trading cycles are not detectable from a given point in the past and moving forward from that milestone on all fractal levels. He did understand my Q. He acknowledged that that is a good idea and he thought they were working on it. (He made a good sales pitch response in other words). This means that there is no fractal to fractal data set possible on WT. It, in effect, works backwards for fractal to fractal comparisons.

5. The altanta brokerage partnered with the texas crew. the original eastern partner principal family left the scene of the accident based upon an ethical difference. Two generations were involved. One of the younger people, during several email exchanges after I terminated my agreement for the WT, said it was the best thing that she could have ever done and her uncle agreed with her fully.

6. Terminating my agreement and getting my money back occurred right after I said that their merchant bank could handle it if they couldn't. They expiditied my rebate within two or three working days. My conclusion is that they are under pressure from their merchant bank to comply with dissatisfied customer requests.

7. I asked in the meeting why there was such a contrast in training volumes compared to retained users. They said they were succeeding at a good rate compared by industry standards. I did not follow up to find out what industry.

To win with WT I believe you need to: have investment experience; you need to have a family of stocks that are very repeatable (high volatility swing stocks with high EPS and RS); you need an excellentstop system; and you need back up indicators. From this, it will appear to most people that WT is an unecessary adjunct.

On the up side WT has proven that if a really super product were available, the public (all sectors) would just beat a path to the provider's door. It is clear to me that that product could be put in the market place in no time flat.

#28     Oct 19, 2003
  9. VTTrader

VTTrader

But besides all that, how did you like WT? :D

#29     Oct 19, 2003
  10. I did not think that it owrks.

I did not like it and I got my money back.

It does not come close to being viable as a means of making any money effectively.

#30     Oct 19, 2003