Oh Man, I'm Flat

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, May 8, 2013.

1. I could, but the euro is still moving

I want my base to be what I am betting on to be the most stable

#51     May 10, 2013
  2. Ha ha! Sorry, I was trying to be funny. I obviously misfired. You see if your base currency is EUR you're automatically long EUR with respect to you own currency USD which is where you live and spend. So, if you short EURUSD you're cancelling out any growth or loss. In other words, its a wasted trade. Well, I guess your actually losing on the spread.

Please, forgive my bad humor.

#52     May 10, 2013
  3. otherwise, you need to get a plan. I'd hardly call what you are doing trading. You might as well just be betting on the Toronto Blue Jays.

deliver alcohol, and when you get 1k ahead, send it to your bookie and bet

and hope you are so smart you can guess right more than you guess wrong

because you have the "gift"

you can read the market better than other people can

if the euro drops much more I doubt we will ever hear from you again

#53     May 10, 2013
  4. And here we go again. In order for me to lose both my profits and my first and only deposit of $1029, the Euro will need drop 1850 pips from 3096. i.e 1.1246. It would have to do this all at once without any recover period.

#54     May 10, 2013
  5. you da man!

#55     May 10, 2013
  6. Do the math my friend. When will I need to reload, and how much will I need to load?

#56     May 10, 2013
  7. You've been drinking again, eh? Sometimes you're really decent; other times you're a bit of jerk.

#57     May 10, 2013
  8. I'm a decent jerk

you're a bright kid

and I like hard working men that deliver to support their family

and know a thing or two about how to use a calculator to compute forex returns

so good luck to you, betting on the future 100% directional

#58     May 11, 2013
  9. So the EURUSD will need to drop another 574.82 pips before a margin call kicks me out of the trade. However, that will leave me with still $390 in the account. Now, add to that the profits transferred out of the account already. Where does that leave me, Oldtime? Even after a margin call, I'm still profitable. In fact, I'd be up about 12% in two months.

#59     May 11, 2013
  10. we are all directional, no matter how hard we try to spread, we are all betting on something, but betting outright on whether it is going to go up or down is how most lose

#60     May 11, 2013