Oh Man, I'm Flat

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, May 8, 2013.

1. yeah I like the delivery business, I did it for dominoes, thirty minutes or less, and coast to coast, pick it up in shaky and deliver it to the garbage state

#41     May 9, 2013
  2. Trouble with pizza is you likely got stuck in the kitchen cleaning, right? OK. I need 3 more and I'll be disappointed but content.

#42     May 9, 2013
  3. on a Saturday night at 3 am, it's just the manager and two drivers. Two drivers can clean a kitchen in 20 minutes, one sweeps, the other mops, and we both get out of there at the same time, plus, those late orders can either be highly erotic or highly profitable.

trucking is a different matter, sometimes you can write a whole novel about everything that happened from the time you picked it up in New Jersey and finally delivered it in Seattle

and that's what I don't understand

in USA anybody if you can pass a drug test and a physical can go to school for 3 weeks and get a job, driving a truck

and these are not bad jobs, 63k a year if you can run a logbook

and much more if you can really run a logbook

#43     May 10, 2013
  4. and that's the problem, most of these dumbasses that come out of trucking school are democrats, and they think the "Man" is trying to take advantage of them. and they hold up their logbooks and complain, "they are out of hours"

then they take their government mandated 32 hour break, and they sit in the bar and complain they are only making 32k a year

#44     May 10, 2013
  5. That's another reason to dislike a pizza job: 3am quitting time. Beer and Liquor stores close at 10pm. I'm done shortly after. As for the "Erotic" evening, I meet the young women when they are still fresh and heading off for their partying, but I am married with a baby and must be a good boy?

Now, which one of you turkies are dragging down the EURUSD? I'm down 100pips now.

#45     May 10, 2013
  6. I've been selling all the way down. I got one good fill on a pullback, but everything else has been with the market

so that makes me short from 3004

not real happy with my performance today

big move, but I don't have much to show for it

#46     May 10, 2013
  7. I'm also long aud.usd, so everything I have made in eur I have lost in aud

and I just bought some more at 14

so now that officially makes it my largest position and largest loser

I told you, it can happen before you know it

now I need to actually work for a living

(if you call trading working)

#47     May 10, 2013
  8. well that's it
    I'm flat again
    a pretty decent day due to some lucky sales on gbp
    I need to go to the post office and pick up some plants
    that was probably the deciding factor
    but this shit will catch up with you if you keep taking small profits and only hold on when you have a large loss

I already have my orders in to put the same position on again

#48     May 10, 2013
  9. I didn't get filled Friday afternoon, so I'm still flat

I'm thinking about switching my base currency to CAD

It's been a pretty good run with usd

I've been trading it Mar and APR and finally starting to get my head above water

that would put me short cad against aud and usd
    and long cad against eur and gbp

I'm worried about a move in usd, it's been eerily stable, and that is what I have been betting on, but these things can't last forever

#49     May 10, 2013
  10. Perhaps you should switch your base currency to EUR, and then continue your pattern of shorting EURUSD. :D :D :D

My long is still costing me an unrealized 108.3 pips.

#50     May 10, 2013