Oh look, Jim Rogers was long the dollar the last two months, and didn't tell you ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tmarket, Dec 10, 2009.

1. As if the dollar has only began it's slump in 2008...

LOL

#21     Dec 10, 2009
  2. You said he predicted this crisis that we and the US is currently in. He predicted this in 1988. I defined the crisis we are currently in to mean ~2007. This is equal to roughly 20 years early on that prediction. Take a couple of years off. Hell - take 10 or 15 years off. He's still way early and my point is still proven.

#22     Dec 10, 2009
  3. Probably his best trade ever. I read he bought it in the 70s for a few hundred k.

#23     Dec 10, 2009
  4. I know he was short FNM and C in the 70s and covered around 5.

The guy is good. His timing isnt always that great (and he admits to that) but he has deep enough pockets to stick with a trade.

How anyone on this board/forum can criticize him is utterly ridiculous.

#24     Dec 10, 2009
  5. Corrected for the sake of reality. :)

#25     Dec 10, 2009
  6. heypa

heypa

It's E.T.afterall.

#26     Dec 10, 2009
  7. The truth: you speak it.

#27     Dec 10, 2009
  8. The real Jim Rogers:

[​IMG]

#28     Dec 10, 2009
  9. jim rogers is one these broken clocks that gets the time right twice a day

no one would have made a single dime of profit following all his picks and the only reason he's wealthy is because he hit jackpot in soros quantum fund.

this clown is known for traveling around the world on a convertible and spitting half truths and irrelevant rants on national television to attract an audience of fools and social misfits that fantasize about being like him.

obviously, he is always on the right side of the fence -- a beautiful case of hindsight trading

#29     Dec 10, 2009
  10. u mock a living legend

shame

now go back to scalping 100 shares of SIRI

[​IMG]

Rogers P&l for the decade

#30     Dec 10, 2009