Oh look, Jim Rogers was long the dollar the last two months, and didn't tell you ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tmarket, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Is this why Soros (who's trackrecord is public and beyond doubt correct me if I am wrong) has written a bookshelf full and apears on the likes of CNBC just as often?

Cheers.

:)

I agree on the contrarian stand by the way. It's appealing on many levels.

#11     Dec 10, 2009
  2. Well at least he punted his home in New York City in December 2007 for USD $16 million.

#12     Dec 10, 2009
  3. .....................................................

1000% correct........

One thing for certain.....you WILL NEVER SEE ROGER'S ACTUALS....

THUS YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT ROGER'S REAL RECORD IS....

ROGERS IS GREAT ENTERTAINMENT.....

I LIKE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY........

#13     Dec 10, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

rogers doesn't trade. he said numerous times that he is a lousy trader.he takes positions.

time to get over your envy bias.

#14     Dec 10, 2009

5. well done. if you pay more attention, it will come to your consciences mind that Soros, on every interview will say he does not give investment advice.

his books? his books on what? politics?

You won't find a single line in any of his books what to trade or how. they deal mostly with politics. His finance literature deals with his own philosophy of economics and dynamics that are little help if any to a trading strategy. far from 'HOT COMMODITIES'.

not sure how old you are, but you just proved to me you know little of what you speak of.

case closed.

#15     Dec 10, 2009
  6. You have to be the most laughable trading dolt here.......all these words of wisdom from a non participant in the markets.......but have "spoken" to so many top shelf traders & are able to draw out all of these philosophical rants of non sense.

Once again,have you ever assumed a single iota of risk in the markets yourself?...........i know the answer is a resounding NO!

Do us all a favor & spare us your banta fodder you misconstrue as wisdom from someone whom does NOT do.....but preaches.

#16     Dec 10, 2009

7. Soros Says Euro in Danger If EU Fails to Act

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a3.BWGXIYQnE

Such a call is no different then Rogers claiming cotton will be in short supply.

As far as Soros' his books go, In his latest - The Crash of 2008 and What it Means: The New Paradigm for Financial Markets - he gave full disclosure of his positions going into 2008 and how he tried to steer trough the storm going forward.

Maybe you should read it.:)

#17     Dec 10, 2009
  8. who said I don't? don't be silly.

I've only been 'taking' the risk myself under 18 months. but have spend more than that working with the captains.

at least you get an honest truth. no bullshit imagination of what some think of themselves.

rgrds

#18     Dec 10, 2009
  9. LOL come on now...

So he was only 20 years early...no biggie....LOL

I predict that sometime in the future the US will prosper and see economic growth. Now as soon as this happens I will refer back to this post and will claim I am brilliant.

#19     Dec 10, 2009
  10. Current media darling, Peter Schiff, is a prime example.

While he "called" the big decline, he traded it poorly... officially played it long with his "recession-proof" portfolio.

Turned out it wasn't recession proof at all.. he lost about the same as the market in spite of his rhetoric.

#20     Dec 10, 2009