Oh Joy! •Second Stimulus Package Should Now Be Considered, Obama Adviser Tyson Says

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 7, 2009.

1. You obviously are totally clueless about how much of the $787 billion "hits" later this year, let alone in 2010.

[​IMG]

Instead of just posting the same old emotional "drivel" that you post day in, and day out, perhaps you might want to actually have a command of the FACTS before you open your mouth. That way, you might sound a wee bit more credible.

#21     Jul 8, 2009
  2. Landis,

Do you actually support the idea of a second stimulus package?

#22     Jul 8, 2009
  3. That's funny.
    You apparently have never heard economist Mark Zandi ( a McCain advisor ) say the exact same thing about the need for a much bigger stimulus. It's a drop in the bucket as a percentage of the nation's GDP.

"Indeed, my most significant criticism of the current stimulus plan is that it is too small.

Our struggling economy will produce nearly $1 trillion less than it is capable of this year and will underperform again by at least as much in 2010. The $789 billion in spending and tax cuts to be distributed over those two years is not going to fill this expected hole in the economy. I would thus not be surprised if policymakers are forced to consider a second stimulus plan soon."

February 15th, 2009

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/02/03/stimulus-expert-zandi-package-falls-short/

http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/default.asp?src=economy_homepage

#23     Jul 8, 2009
  4. #24     Jul 8, 2009
  5. The current unemployment rate has pretty much made these idiots lose all credibility regarding their ability to 'read' the economy.

Oopps. Let's just do another one then...

#25     Jul 8, 2009
  6. You mean like your unbiased and objective credibility on ET? :D

#26     Jul 8, 2009
  7. Well if it hasn't even 'hit' yet then why shovel out a new one? What do you expect to happen? Haven't you thought about the fact that even talks of another bailout reduce the debt-holders incentives to act, consequently drawing the first one out longer than anticipated? The whole idea is moronic.

#27     Jul 8, 2009
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Wait a damn minute. So if the stimulus didn't fully make it into the economy, which im sure only about 15% has made it in so far, why are they talking about a second stimulus, makes it seem they are really unsure about the 1st $780 Billion stimulus don't you think.

There is no reason to do research on this matter when you have them yelling for a second stimulus plan 4 months later. They know how bad these economic conditions are and know for a fact the 1st one should have been at least $2-3$ trillion more. I just think its funny how everyone thinks that throwing money at our already bankrupt nation is going to turn things around. I feel real sorry for those suckers who are buying any of this nonsense they are dishing out how stimulus will help put the economy back on track and create job opportunities and green shoots. I feel really sorry for these people.

#28     Jul 8, 2009
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Looking at that chart don't you think there slightly off already, unemployment rate is already at 9.6% in the 09Q3. Looks to me that chart is showing an unemployment rate at about 8.2-8.4%.

#29     Jul 8, 2009
  10. MattF

MattF

this is what we call at the tables, "double or nothing"

:D

#30     Jul 8, 2009