Oh for shame!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tampa, Feb 20, 2002.

1. YES by George! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the
    kitchen and go feed the dog! Or something like that...

:D

#21     Feb 21, 2002
  2. axehawk

axehawk

Oops. My bad.

:)

#22     Feb 21, 2002
  3. Wow, we haven't had this much fun since I was the center of attention a while back. I am really (really..) glad to see some of the more sane comments here. Since I use the term "Snake Oil" in my presentations and column at times, let me say that there are, indeed, the Snake Oil types everywhere...and yet, I also think that those who get screwed by them should see it coming (to a degree). No "magic pills" No "9 out of 10 traders" No "buy when green, sell when red" No scanners, oscillators, graphs, charts, or anything else will make anyone money. Some selective searching for those who actually trade, make money, and are trying to help the industry is all that is needed to weed out most of the fluff.

There are crooks, there are frauds, there are inictments, there are law suits, there are all of those things, and there always will be. The nicer the guy, the more you have to look at the facts (except, of course, in my case:))

Let's all try to improve are actual trading, without paying CLEO (can you imagine that she is being sued as a fraud, and is not even a Shaman?? What is this world coming to?) or anyone else for the divine word.

I (we) try our best to show people what is working based on a real network of hundreds of the top traders on the planet...and I am the first to tell everyone that there is no magic to it, and that most of the "stuff" out there for sale, is simply that..."stuff" ---

So, I am glad to see the name calling and mud slinging down to a low roar, and hope that some of what I just said made sense to a few of you.

(I had a good opening this morning, don't want to jinx it, but Feb could be a record percentage month!!)..

Peace!!

#23     Feb 21, 2002
  4. Don,

I appreciate your view. I am new to this entire forum environment and I have never done it before, and I must admit it is disappointing to have to deal with this sort of malicious negativity that builds nothing. So I would like to send a message to the contributors who are not only here to learn, but also have the honor to use their real names such as yourself. I mean, if an opinion has value, hopefully the person offering it has enough confidence in themselves to reveal who they are…I trade live in front of hundreds of people with nothing to hide, so I don't understand who are they hiding from? I don’t get the whole thing.

TerraNova, Bright Trading, Broadway, etc. all make money on commission...BUT only if they attract, train, and most importantly retain customers. This only happens with outstanding service, support, technology, training, and competitive commissions. So know one is claiming to have a secret formula that "cracks the code" of the market. The essence of trading and life is to learn how to do through experience and self improvement, along with a relentless pursuit of knowledge and skill (which only experience provides).

We can only deliver 10-20% of what you need to know, the other 80-90% is already in the traders head and personal psychology. In fact, as you grow as a trader, I believe 99.9% of what you need is your personal psychology. No school, book, or company including mine can deliver that...that is up to the individual. We don’t believe we can teach anyone to trade…we believe we can take time off the learning curve regarding mechanical knowledge, and offer insights into what we have learned from our own experience in the market and pass it on.

The more one spends time firing derogatory remarks to others, the less the person is building and growing as a trader or a human being for that matter. People that fall victim to this, I feel sorry for since they will likely spent their entire lives searching for the most with the least to find. They search others for what is already within them, and if they have the courage to look for it and work at it, they will find these qualities and success live inside them near humility, passion, desire, and kindness. Failure lives next to arrogance, laziness, malice and meanness. These qualities produce nothing positive.

For the rest of my time on this site, it will be to help raise the awareness and knowledge of trading. Intelligent people know that education is important, afterall, why else are we here? These forums help people, so I hope we all continue to add useful content such as trading ideas, technical viewpoints, and services that help grow the trading community. I feel I am and always will be a student of this business, and welcome constructive input.

#24     Feb 21, 2002
  5. As I told you a couple of years ago in Ontario, when you came to my booth...."you're actually one of the "good guys" in the business" - and I am glad to see your participation on the board. We may differ in our approaches to the market and to trading, but heck, isn't that what makes a market in the first place?

Don't get too concerned with the few who belly-ache around here, we really have a pretty good group of serious traders, and those who are trying to become serious traders.

Glad to see you on board, drop in and see me when you get to Vegas, and I will do the same in Denver!!

#25     Feb 22, 2002
  6. Now we've got bitching about bitching.

Don't venture out into the ocean if you can't take the sharks, pal.

#26     Feb 22, 2002