Offshore entities accepted by IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jwcapital, Dec 25, 2009.

1. I have a friend from Japan who wants to set up an offshore partnership for a hedge fund in the British Virgin isles. Can that entity have an account at IB? If yes, are there any limitations or does it trade like a regular universal account? I know that he needs a British Isles bank account to link to IB. He has legal help in setting everything up, but he doesn't want to go to the trouble if he cannot set up a trading account with IB. Thanks for your help.

2. LeeD

LeeD

Maybe he should contact IB sales directly and ask? There are lots of small formal requirements an outsider is likely to miss.

3. cstfx

cstfx

I can't speak for Japan, but I am in the process of setting up a Singapore business account with IB and I am going thru the IB-US branch/arm for reigistration. Process is very similar to setting up US corp or LLC, just a lot of paperwork.

4. Seriously? Why?

I have just opened a new futures account after moving from Mirus, and while I had to sign a LOT of paperwork...
    ....the amount related to my business identity was miniscule (and I live in Poland, polish registered business).

Basically, I provided a certified translation of all normal business documents and that was it. THis is pretty much what I would have expected and doing business internatinally (not just trading) I have those ready and updated anyway.

I did not find anything particular hard in my case. Yes, they may need translations of the documents, but so what ;)

5. Daal

Daal

Yes and its not hard