Offshore brokers for a tax free life

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rowenwood, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Now if you want an explanation;

anyone naive enough to think they can find out about any type of offshore business by surfing the internet or paying a fee to some guy you never met to do something that is no longer done,

is about to be separated from his money ...

#11     Apr 10, 2004
  2. Gotta love this thread. Rowen flees S.A., comes to the U.S., lives it up off family money in Marin County, bashes the U.S every chance he gets, and now wants to trade without paying taxes so he dosen't have to help pay for his lib ideals. While staying here to boot.

Metooxx knows how it's done. It's expensive to set up...and it means LEAVING THE COUNTRY.

#12     Apr 10, 2004

3. LMAO

#13     Apr 10, 2004
  4. INfo is info. I don't expect some shepard to show me the way, but starting points are good.

I think the Answer, who has either a great memory, a crush on me, or enjoys my writings, has stated my decision. If I want to escape taxes I'll have to leave the US.

And, I think I'll stay for now and pay my taxes. I'd rather pay for the late filing, but pay than not and risk it all.

#14     Apr 10, 2004
  5. What is your citizenship?

Where is your residency?

Do you make all your living from trading?

Do you make enough to justify the expenses?

#15     Apr 10, 2004
  6. American and member of the EU.

California.

No, but depending on my success this year, I possibly will earn all my future money via trading stocks and options.

No, but maybe soon depending on what the fees are.

Seemingly, the best way to safely avoid taxes is to move to a tax haven. But I can't move to another country. I'm a student, and for many other reasons.

#16     Apr 10, 2004
  7. 1) Give up your US citizenship; assumming your EU citizenship does not tax not resident income.

2) Live in the US part time as a tourist.

3) Change your legal residency to a tax free country.

4) Doesn't work unless your income is not tied to a location.

5) Costs are very expensive; such as mainting multiple residenses.

6) Have your banking and brokerage in the US; the only place that meets your criteria

#17     Apr 10, 2004
  8. At least move to Nevada ...

#18     Apr 10, 2004
  9. 1) Is it necessary to void my US citizenship?

2) How many days of the year must I live outside of the US?

3) With regards to my EU membership status, which country would be best or?

4) You mean I have to be totally electronic?

5) Please explain.

6) Please explain.

#19     Apr 10, 2004

10. Please explain (maybe).

#20     Apr 10, 2004