official ppt thread.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Free Thinker, Oct 6, 2005.

1. TGM

08-11-05 09:33 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Alexandre:

nothing will prevent these markets from crashing
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes in the end you are right. But with Fiat money and an imagination. You can get away with a whole lot. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did NOT exist. You believe this is a total free market? Yes, the Naz did go down 80 percent. But do you really believe they were going to let the Dow go down 80%?

I did not used to believe the Govt. would fool with the stock market. Then I was near the Spoo floor for a couple of big events. The Plunge Prevention Team----it even sounds like a corny Govt. name. They would never say Crash prevention ---that would get to much attention.

I have watched this for years. I have seen to many things in the Spoo that remain unexplainable (or explainable only if you believe it is being manipulated at select times). I remember the Asian meltdown and Sept 11. What happened after those events had manipulation written all over it. It sealed the deal for me.

I would have never believed the Govt. would buy stocks. But I have seen to much. Remember after the Asian collapse? Rubin called Hong Kong and Hong Kong immediately said they were buying their own stock and it worked. That sealed it for me.

I don't think the Fed actually does the buying. But I know damn well the PPT puts the word out and the 00 accounts at certain brokerages start buying. It is simple to do with all these derivatives. Like I said. Rubin and Hong Kong sealed the deal. Hong Kong just made it public ---our fools don't. But it is becoming too obvious.

I still remember the lady from GSachs on the floor in the Spoo pit bidding up the Spoo and just gunning the thing with 50 lots. When I have seen it done after a couple events in person ----it is unnatural ----it is like they don't give damn how many they get or how high they buy. It is blatant and intentional. The 3 times I saw it in person. It was just too abnormal and too massive. I have seen pros move and have moved large positions myself. Having to get out of a large position is one thing. This was a whole different ballgame. Believe it or not. But with Rubin and Hong Kong and the Asian meltdown and the below fed quote that was made after the 87 crash. I belive it.

#11     Oct 6, 2005
  2. wonder why those guys dont collect this easy 100 grand?

http://www.safehaven.com/article-721.htm

The Plunge Protection Team
    by John Mauldin

I have had so many letters of late asking me what I think of and/or know about the existent of the so-called Plunge Protection Team, that mysterious group of government officials who secretly prop up the stock market when it drops too much, that I am going to jump in where wiser minds would just leave the subject alone. It will offer a good opportunity for you to understand concepts of arbitrage and how the markets really work. Plus, if you can prove me wrong, I will show you how to get a quick $100,000.
    Following the stock market crash in 1987, the government created something called the President's Working Group on Financial Markets. The group, which includes the Treasury secretary, Federal Reserve chairman, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission and chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, was formed to ensure the smooth operation of financial markets.(more)

#12     Oct 6, 2005
  3. What constitutes proof, according to you sir, and to Mr. Maudlin? Do we have a definable standard?

#13     Oct 6, 2005
  4. you will have to ask Mr. Maudlin. if you have proof i would ask him for the money. i would also like to see any proof. my mind could be changed if i saw any proof at all.

#14     Oct 6, 2005
  5. dis

dis

The PPT may interfere in the markets in an attempt to prevent the repeat of the Black Monday pattern. If so, my bet is that they are going to do it tomorrow or, less likely, on Monday.

#15     Oct 6, 2005
  6. The market can only be manipulated for short periods , If the shit hits the fan there is nothing that can combat it ,

#16     Oct 6, 2005
  7. As someone that was fully employed by PTJ for Tudor Investment Company back in 1986 as his floor broker on the COMEX, ( our office was a little hole in the wall on the 9th floor of 160 Broadway, across from the old Merrill Lynch building ) I can tell you quite unequivocably that the above story is completely FALSE.

No phone call from a high ranking official.
    No paranoia. Just a story to sell a book.

And as far as the '87 Crash was concerned, Paul made the majority of his money taking advantage of the flight to quality in the T-Bond market.

Period.

#17     Oct 6, 2005
  8. Tell it to TGM then. Dont shoot the messenger of the messenger.

#18     Oct 6, 2005
  9. No one's shooting the messenger of the messenger.
    I simply added some factual insight, rather than glorified speculation that was meant to sell a book.

#19     Oct 6, 2005