Official GOOG prediction poll

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Aug 18, 2004.

GOOG opens at

1. 85 +/- 2 points, IPO price is 85

19 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. >87

12 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. >95 dumbfounding the naysayers

54 vote(s)
    46.2%
  4. <83 sending them googling for a lawyer

32 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. Yes , you asked for it, vote with your feet on GOOG.

2. damir00

damir00 Guest

it is hard to imagine the most hyped IPO in four years will go down the tubes. so i guess that would be the smart bet if someone really had to bet.

me, i'm not touching it.

3. >87

4. Me, I intend to take down a whole lot of it. I've never seen this much negativity about something so popular. Let it range for 30 minutes and if it breaks the upside of the range, I intend to buy size.

5. damir00

damir00 Guest

PALM.

the comments at the time were PALM having the same market cap as GM. guess what GOOG priced out to? yep, same market cap as GM.

synchronicity, man.

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I started off feeling very negative about the IPO of Google, but the last few weeks I've started to feel the same way.

Brandon

7. PALM was a scam. This is much less so, and the 85 makes the opening day more interesting. At 100+ it was almost certainly going to have trouble.

8. Just curious, but why do you think it's "much less so"??

Isn't it still going out at something like 90 times earnings?

Basically one source of revenue from one real product/service (a couple of things they're toying with that even they're not clear on how they could be turned into revenue) and with apparently no broader strategy on the board other than helping insiders cash out as much and as fast as possible.

9. The book on Archipelago is well crossed, 95 bid, 59.20 (yes, fifty-nine spot twenty!) offer with very little depth given the size of the IPO. Not looking good.

10. will bid 75 for it, but only for today.

#10     Aug 19, 2004