Official DD thread - Big Dow

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dieselman8, Mar 19, 2006.

1. galiano

galiano

Alot of broker IBs have $500 or less DAYTRADE margin for YM. Maybe it's time to renegotiate?

#11     Mar 27, 2006
  2. CBOT/Brokers are brain dead when it comes to marketing. No grand opening promo. First 30-60 days should be: no exchange fees and free commisions. Create the liquidity quickly and the volume will continue to grow.

#12     Mar 27, 2006
  3. sherlesin

sherlesin

I was observing the CBOT live book for 5or 10min. It looks like just market makers,no public. The spread is usually 3pts, sometimes 2 pts. So whatever the savings on comm. you loose on the spread. I think they have to cut out the $10 Dow and then make a big promo push forDD.

#13     Mar 27, 2006
  4. They're going to need to give the DD a jump-start some how, otherwise the prospects for it's survival are looking very very poor.

#14     Mar 27, 2006
  5. eSignal FINALLY *shocking* updated the platform for DD.

I must say it looks pitiful.

On a 30 minute chart it looks "okay", but shocked at seeing this.

less than 600 contracts traded I believe I read on the website today.

I'm still just shocked because how excited everyone on the forum seemed excited to trade it.

I just don't understand why they created it.

All too confusing I guess....

#15     Mar 29, 2006
  6. A good idea gone awry I guess. I was also shocked by the lack of volume it has generated so far (I glance at it time to time intraday while trading YM mostly).

#16     Mar 30, 2006
  7. on a pure contrarian basis (as i tend to be sometimes) the fact that CBOT is introducing a "big dow" at this point in the market cycle smells vaguely of "market top"

need more elevator operators making a killing tho before it's confirmed :)

#17     Mar 30, 2006
  8. yes, i agree with all of the above 1110%.........et forums have it figured out..........big conspiracy .........DD is a conspiracy at market top........don't take any trades to the upside now........only short.......don't buy any stocks..........beware.........if my system gives a sell today i will forego those........heard it here first ........thanks a million........

#18     Mar 30, 2006
  9. my girlfriend is only a C cup...how much is min account req for me to get my hands on a nice pair of DDs?

#19     Mar 30, 2006
  10. volume will probably improve tremendously once the brokers get their risk mangement sorted out. Many brokers only handle the offset of DD vs YM after the close, so buying 1xDD and selling 5xYM will tie up margin even though you are technically flat.

#20     Mar 30, 2006