Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Sep 30, 2011.

Black Monday Next Week?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
  2. No

35 vote(s)
  1. The slow crash going into Friday close is very unsettling!

Black Monday next week??
  2. Ash1972

This is the 64k dollar question: what was the volume like on the selloff? Both the 1929 and 1987 crashes were preceded by a big Friday selloff on unusually high volume.
  3. EOQ selling is what we saw. On Monday I am going out on a limb and saying we open +150 with fundies putting new money to work. I am long 300 116 spy calls that expire next Friday with that being said. I will play my chances for the pop.
  4. I believe the volumes were light due to the Jewish holiday, probably a reason for all the swinging around, low volume.
  5. SP500 8 hr chart at blog shows price converging towards apex.
    It should drop out of triangle soon and resumption of downtrend.
  6. Market is screwed. The market cannot have a sustained rally without a Greek default. It is inevitable part of the bottoming process. Kicking the can only keeps the Greece monkey on our backs. A Greek default causes short term panic and a bottom which would immediately rally world markets HUGE. Before then, we'll have more shortable rallies. Breaking 1100 is a matter of time.
  7. Fah Q

Fah Q

Greece is like 2% of the Euro GDP...the real problem is Italy :0

8. Macho

Please, don't tell us that you are related to stock777!!!
  9. hitnrun

the market is overvalued . global economy is in crises. the market is complacent. expect a selloff of spx down to the 1070 range. these moves have been bs lately. let's get some real panic selling. fear on the street would be good for a bottom. new year lows are in order.
  10. [​IMG]
    #10     Sep 30, 2011