Official 2010 World Cup ET Headquarters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Optionpro007, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Ok, I admit it, I'd rather watch World Cup soccer than basketball, golf, and in large part baseball. It won't take me away from an American football game, but I watched and loved it. I never gave a crap about soccer, but I really enjoyed how the teams move the ball. Scores are low, but I enjoy the skills. Basketball gave up on skills and rules awhile ago, and baseball other than when my kids are playing is a sport I can live with reading about and catching the highlights, same with golf. The rules in football to make the scores higher irritate me, and basketball, well it's a complete waste of life.
    I'm looking forward to more soccer. I have to say I also enjoyed the Stanley Cup finals also.

#41     Jun 14, 2010
  2. i think its still been a pretty slow open to the world cup, good stuff still ahead hopefully..

Next up...

defending champions Italy vs Paraguay

#42     Jun 14, 2010
  3. The Chocolate Men of Cameroon are one of my favorite teams. To bad they got beat by the friggen Nips.:mad:

#43     Jun 14, 2010
  4. The over/under on Italians dives is 27

J/K :D

#44     Jun 14, 2010
  5. cameroon was freaking awesome at the 1990 world cup, roger milla who can forget him, called out of retirement for his country 1-0 down against england, came on as a sub, set one up and scored to give them the lead..famously stole the ball from colombia's "scorpion man" rene higuita....

now there is no more individual flair, whole cameroonian team has been europeanised

#45     Jun 14, 2010
  6. :D no doubt!

Anyone see the German player with the phantom dive yesterday? I'm one of those guys who watches soccer every four years, so I'm not sure if that type of dive is common place in this sport, but man was it terrible! The guy literally didn't even touch him and he went soaring through the air.

He would have got his teeth punched in if he tried to pull that shit in hockey.

#46     Jun 14, 2010
  7. haha its part of the show...drama....jurgen klinsmann they nicknamed him the divebomber, lol watch him during the 1990 WC final against argentina...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tB7Y33VteME&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tB7Y33VteME&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#47     Jun 14, 2010
  8. Good news:

U.S. team: Howard 'making progress'

ESPN.com news services

IRENE, South Africa -- No further tests are needed for goalkeeper Tim Howard and he is "making progress" recovering from bruised ribs, U.S. Soccer said Monday.

The team said that Howard is cleared to play against Slovenia.

United States team page
    For more about the U.S. and its chances in South Africa this summer, click here.

U.S. Soccer had said Sunday that Howard would get treatment that day and evening and then a final decision would be made Monday.

Howard collided with Emile Heskey in Saturday's U.S.-England game and played the second half after having a cortisone injection.

Howard was injured when Heskey's foot slid into him in the 29th minute Saturday night. Howard was down for a while, saying he felt "in agony." When the game resumed, he grimaced several times.

Coach Bob Bradley had said Sunday he did not know the extent of Howard's injury or if his rib was broken.

Howard, the starter for Everton in the Premier League, is backed by Wolverhampton's Marcus Hahnemann on the U.S. team. Brad Guzan, the backup to Brad Friedel on Aston Villa, is the No. 3 American goalkeeper.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

#48     Jun 14, 2010
  9. IMO Italy didn't deserve winning the Cup last time around.

Great goal!!! Go Paraguay!!

#49     Jun 14, 2010
  10. Italy is a disgrace

#50     Jun 14, 2010