Office space in Chicago-- Anyone rent?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Iceman14, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Iceman14

Iceman14

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine and me were dreaming the other day of starting our own shop (not that we're ready just yet) and the topic of office space came up. Ideally, a small one-room (>800 SF) in or around the CBOT or CME would be ideal, but any where along LaSalle or Wacker would work.

Anyway, are there any guys on here that rent in this area? We've see prices per SF of around 14-18; is this about right?

Additionally, is there anyone on here that leases through an execuitve office firm, i.e. Regus? Any idea what their rates are like?

Thanks

2. Damn that's expensive 14-18$/SF
    I pay about 6$/SF in the most expensive part of Los Angeles
    though I am getting a deal and it should be closer to 8-10..

3. Come to NY where rents in midtown start on average around $42, and some of the high end space rents as high as $100/120

4. JayS

JayS

5. you gotta be kidding!

office space in the most expensive part of LA is 14-18 sqft???

:eek: :confused:

6. I found that very hard to believe myself

7. abruzzo9

abruzzo9

http://www.loopnet.com

A free basic membership will allow you to search but you won't have access to detailed information. It will give you price/sf generally and a contact name most of the time. BTW, this is the best site out there for commercial property listings.

8. Jachyra

Jachyra

In my opinion, one of the best ways to get cheap office space in the exchange building, is to clear through Advantage and then rent an office from them. They have tons of offices of all sorts of sizes, that they will lease to their traders. And because their corporate philosophy seems to be to not want to make money off of anything except for clearing your trades, you get the benefit of renting office space for a relatively low square footage cost, since they have rented so much of it themselves.

Of course, they have some very nice buildings off the exchange as well (i.e. Downers Grove), which is home to many high volume traders. One of their properties even has a workout room with a steam bath.

9. It is possible to get it free. I had three different places tell me they would give it to me as long as I cleared through them.

10. manyit

manyit

Well, I feel bad for people have negative thought. By the way, thanks for sharing the video. You have done something... at least.

#10     Nov 2, 2006