Offer from Wordco

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jisoosun, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Ron,

Without giving any specific technique away, could you tell us what trading style Lynx trains their people on - scalping, sector trading, filtering, etc.?
    Thanks.

#51     Sep 11, 2002
  2. well then I've been gouged for over a year! :(

#52     Sep 11, 2002
  3. I thought that's how ALL ticket charges worked!! Am I mistaken??

#53     Sep 11, 2002
  4. SO TRUE!!!!!!!

#54     Sep 11, 2002
  5. How many trades a day do you get this kind of set up in and how many stocks are you watching and trading at the same time? Are you focusing on the same 5 stocks everyday or do you have marketminders setup up with numerous stocks? I used to be able scalp Nasdaq stocks with this risk to reward. However I could do it in high volume nasdaq stocks all day long trading the same 2 stocks or so most of the day. That has since changed though. I am trading NYSE stocks now but not like you have described.

#55     Sep 11, 2002
  6. axehawk

axehawk

Do you just try to step in front a large bid and "lean" against it?

#56     Sep 12, 2002
  7. The 1.2 cents you got is not a bad deal for a new trader in a firm that's gonna offer you hands on training. You should pay somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 cents for bullets. It's better to pay the higher commissions and get training, rather then sit around and get none, or pay up front for training that is out of a book that you could've bought for 20 bucks. Lynx does have a great training, I know, I used to work there. Worldco on the other hand, which I did work for, isn't really worth, even though there are trainers there that are really good. But it's a luck of the draw if you'll get one of them.

Once you start doing more volume, all these firms will start to lower your commission rates anyway pretty quickly. I can give me more info, if you want to PM me.

#57     Sep 12, 2002
  8. J-Law

J-Law

You will need to find out how much they will charge you per share on bullets.

Bullets, if you don't know, enable you to sidestep the shortsale rule and just hit a bid when a stock drops. It's a put option with a 1 day expiry. When a stock is pluging there is never an uptick to enable you to get natural and if there a uptick, is every Tom , Dick (alot of those in this biz) & harry is chasing it.

If your paying more than 4c a share(on a 500 share bullet, that $20) you getting ripped. Most places charge $15-17 a 500s bullet.
    Shot for that.

There are thieves out there charging a nickel a share. NOT
    GOOD !!!!!!!!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE THERE AREN"T ANY OTHER HIDDEN FEES.

ALSO $500 for a s7...RIPP OFF. Should cost you nothing.

#58     Sep 12, 2002
  9. Dustin

Dustin

Is there a Worldco office in Los Angeles? Asking for a friend...

#59     Sep 23, 2002
  10. ronaldo

ronaldo

dont take it - the offer sucks and then when you lose all of your capital they'll cut your dot limit till where you cant make a living

#60     Oct 2, 2002