Off Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bronks, May 20, 2002.

1. I think I actually agree with ertrader,(though perhaps not as aggressively:p ). The new forum could be called "Politics & The Economy", or something like that. You could place it on the Forums page at the bottom and keep it off the home page.

I think that people who want to post on current events could "vent" here instead of on the other forums. Those who are not interested would not have to read the forum. People who posted off topic in other forums could be steered toward the new forum. Of course the new forum will occasionally get out of hand and will still need to be moderated. Yes, there are many other political forums on the internet, but this one could offer a trader's perspective. I think its worth a try. Just my 2 cents.

Snake

#21     May 23, 2002
  2. The episode where George swears off sex. He becomes much sharper, and better at everything he does. Then, once he has sex with the coffee shop waitress, he comes crashing down.

#22     May 23, 2002
  3. Yes it was an obvious (at least to me) parody of the movie "Phenomenon". Elaine had the opposite problem - being super dumb after abstaining a long time IIRC.

#23     May 26, 2002
  4. So is it gonna happen? (An "off-topic" forum?)

#24     May 29, 2002
  5. bronks

bronks

This might be it.

#25     May 29, 2002
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yes, it will happen. In fact, a few new forums will be added within the next few days. The only reason why they haven't been added so far is because our hardware is maxed out right now (CPU is hitting 100% utilization often). So I wanted to add another server to offset some of the load before I added any more forums. The new server was installed yesterday, and will be officially put into full-time service sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience. It will only be another day or two before the new forums appear.

#26     May 30, 2002
  7. The new topics look nice and should hopefully thin out the Trading forum somewhat. I notice that one of the thread from the Chit-Chat group is showing up on the home page, but it could be because I posted a reply while it was in the Trading forum and it was posted after it was moved to the new forum.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

#27     May 30, 2002
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I haven't wrote the code to keep the off-topic thread titles off the home page yet, but it will happen in the next day or two.

Baron

#28     May 30, 2002
  9. hey Baron - really like the new layout and the more logical organization - and the OT board is a good idea, too.

Great job and thanks for your efforts.

#29     Jun 3, 2002
  10. Looks like the Journal forum is a big hit. We have journals popping up left and right. Good job Baron!

#30     Jun 8, 2002