Off Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bronks, May 20, 2002.

1. I'm all for adding off-topic threads on politics, the economy, world affairs and religion, provided that no one who disagrees with me is allowed to post.

#11     May 21, 2002
  2. so i forgot the a ....... sue me, besides, u know as well as i the game of daytrading is over, bright, schonfeld, and all the other advertiser you have on here know it.

The eight page rant on Arabs is a little excessive, i do agree.

#12     May 21, 2002
  3. (a) provided that no one who disagrees with me is allowed to post

(b) provided that no one who agrees with me isn't allowed to post

(c) provided that any one who agrees with me is allowed to post

(d) provided that any one who disagrees with me isn't allowed to post

(Hmmmm, are the above equivalent in meaning?)

#13     May 21, 2002
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

ertrader,

If it were specifically about how events in the world directly affect various trading markets I don't think anyone would have complaints. But emotions are running understandably strong, and you've seen how quickly these things degenerate into heated, righteous political discussions totally devoid of any market content. Whether it's about Muslims, Arabs, Israelis, the French, so-called "rag-heads", or the not-so-subtle use of Afghan pet dogs to make a point....you've seen it get out of hand time and time again.

And I remember that you contributed a number of posts in those 8 pages that I had to delete....:) In short, it's very easy to get caught up in it.

#14     May 21, 2002
  5. start a member name under "Magana"? If I do that, I can respond to all of ertrader's posts.

:)

#15     May 21, 2002
  6. Respond anyways Hardrock.......of course the ball has been droped and now every political head out there is now telling us to watch out this weekend. Even local Chicago political heads are calling for 24 hour patrols around highrise buildings.

I wonder how this will effect consumer spending, thus cracking the thin ice the economy is walking on. Hummmm,

#16     May 21, 2002
  7. Does a healthy sex life make a better trader?

#17     May 22, 2002
  8. Does a healthy sex life make a better trader?

My trading has been <b>sharper</b> during periods where I was failing to acquire the recommended daily allowance of pussy.

Sexual frustration enhances one's trading ability, IMHO.

#18     May 22, 2002
  9. vinigar

vinigar

Originally posted by Candletrader
    Does a healthy sex life make a better trader?

Naw....must be like a prize fighter...have to keep em away from the woman before the fight
    :D

#19     May 22, 2002
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Another equally important question to ask is whether a healthy fantasy sex life makes a better trader? :D

#20     May 23, 2002