Off-shore Banking Question..

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TudorJones, Mar 14, 2008.

1. poyayan

poyayan

Yupe, I need to find one of those..:)

With all the bailout and Democrats coming in, taxpayer will get stuck with lots of bill. They can't really stick it to US companies because jobs will go away. Our payment will come in terms of either higher tax or higher inflation.

Protect yourself just like a corporation is the way to go.

#41     Mar 15, 2008
  2. mangudai

mangudai

Yes, why do some americans freak out when you suggest not reporting everything to the government? In europe it very common to keep some of your assets offshore.

Quite a few countries in europe have made a nice business out of it; Switerland, Monaco, Lichtenstein, Luxenburg, Isle of Man, Cyprus, Austria etc

#42     Mar 15, 2008
  3. hta4hta

hta4hta

This thread started by asking a question based on "Liability in Fact". Just wondering how you became "Liable at Law".

"If it is law, it will be found in our books; if it is not to be found there it is not law." Boyd v. US, 116 US 616, 627. The justice pointed out that this was not his original thought but came "with us" from england.

I thought I caught the hint of Fraud there somewhere. Sometimes it is better to do nothing and/or say nothing. Or you might google and read "Cracking The Code".

Noticed someone giving advice about getting a good cpa or tax lawyer. Good Luck; one of the few "good" CPA's that I have known stated 2 things of importance. 1) when the writers of "the code" want to make a person "Liable" it is plainly stated. (Hope you know what a "person" is.) 2) That his cpa newsletter made it very clear that anyone going off the party line of "everybody has to pay taxes" would face loosing their certification.

I would not be surprised if gov is not filtering these threads with ip addresses. I know that the INS has a vast data bank on all of us from even back in the 50's as related to me by an older fellow that had just returned from canada. My answer to their questions when asked during an x'ing is, "you tell me, you have the data bank in front of you, I might forget something."

#43     Mar 15, 2008
  4. Tin-foil hat engaged!

#44     Mar 15, 2008
  5. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Big no no with IRS, after 911

U must be very careful when you open a

off shore account. The IRS will flag u.
    Then you will become a target of regular audits.

#45     Mar 15, 2008
  6. bathrobe

bathrobe

lolol

#46     Mar 15, 2008
  7. Moe27

Moe27

hi guys, i was offer 2 years and 1 day in federal prison for tax evasion i fought to the end and they suspended my sentence, i had an offshore i.b.c witch was own by my offshore trust fund, i remember when my bank in the bahamas contacted me about the i.r.s. stooping around and asking about my account, my bank adviser told me i had layer of protection and that the bahamas doesn't consider tax doging a crime, shit after the u.s. goverment threating to stop there aid they gave me up even tho i had layers of protection the paper trail did lead back to me, and i can go on about how i did it, the bottom line pay the fucking man.

#47     Mar 15, 2008
  8. The Bahamas stopped being a haven 7 years ago. I hope this all occurred before then or else you are senile for choosing a TIEA country to host your IBC.

Back in '02 when the IRS busted the tens of thousands who had accounts there and were using Visa/MC debit cards back in the states, that should have been your clue to exit.

#48     Mar 15, 2008
  9. Moe27

Moe27

i was doing offshore business before 9/11 i had a export business, b.t.w. whats up kgb i know you from the factory.

#49     Mar 15, 2008
  10. Moe27

Moe27

bottom line you can't run. i can't go into detail's but i had to give them some info on how much money i had offshore and i had to return it and open my book to the i.r.s. for 7 years as part of my deal, here's a clue they never recovery 100%.

#50     Mar 15, 2008