Off hours high-volume contracts?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sergioloff, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Hi guys!

Lately I've been having the worst insomnias you can imagine...
    So I thought that a good way to spend all those empty hours in the dead of night would be to trade some active futures... Maybe some asian index or currency? I have no idea; the only requirement would be for it to be high-volume, since I'm essentially a technical analyst. Therefore I'd love to hear your suggestions :)

I know this might be a silly question for some, but I still see myself as a newbie...

SL

2. Check on the Nikkei traded on the Singapore exchange and early, early morning look at the DAX.

Fx is another option, especially if the CME/Reuters thing ever does roll out.

3. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I trade FX Euro futures at night when I cant sleep. Good liquidity and plenty of movement. With the way Euro is moving against the US dollar lately ..you'd have to be crazy not to trade this market...:D

4. rickf

rickf

No kidding....though it's more like "just go long and have sensible stops" :)

5. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Bundlemaker - Unfortunately my broker doesn't provide the Singapore Exchange. And I'm a bit reluctant on switching brokers, since I get decent commissions and services on my current broker (velocityfutures). But you had me thinking.

If only I could find a broker with a wide range of exchanges (including SGX) and good fees, I'd be set! Any recommendations, people?

6. Surdo

Surdo