OEX weekly options

Discussion in 'Options' started by kalikahuna, Jul 1, 2006.

1. I thought the OEX was electronic on Thinkorswim platform? They have a number of exchanges so they get good fills.

Except for once in a while on a market order, I get good fills, using limit orders for sure.

#681     Jan 13, 2011
  2. Started looking for Trading Journal, as no address here.

I seem to have gone out of credit spreads totally, since end of November. Trading straight options I am up 87% since end of November, or 1st of December.

I´m trading one signal basically. I have two patterns I trade, but one occurs and sometimes they both ocur at the same time. My paper money account is up 87% I get a trade about once a month, sometimes an extra smaller trade as well.

What I´ve done is opened two accounts in TOS and a week or so ago, opened another in Options Xpress XTREND.

I have an application in and a cheque waiting to get my account forms and stuff received and the account set up in TOS. In the meantime I am looking and learning OptionsXpress, as a backup system.

I´m playing with other strategies in the extra accounts, as I didn´t want the trials and experimentation losses messing up my account in paper money, the method I will follow when I´m in CASH. Hopefully by Mid March.

I was looking for TRADING JOURNAL as he gave me the idea of trading in PAIRS, with his correlation of QQQQ and the US Dollar and so forth. So yesterday and today I´ve been playing with pair trading. Took some time to get opposites figured out. Now we shall see how it turns out in paper money.

#682     Feb 24, 2011
  3. MACD

MACD

Don't judge your apparent success while just trading paper money.

That is dangerous.

Trade live with just one contract to really understand if you will be profitable.

Paper money does not have two critical issues: First emotions & Second fills.

Good luck...

#683     Oct 24, 2011