OEC/Tradestation EasyLanguage Strategy

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by masterm1ne, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Loki45

Loki45

What about real live trading? I wrote lots of codes that make tons of money in backtesting and flop in live trading.

#11     Jan 16, 2010
  2. I'm curious about OpenECry. Does it support EasyLanguage?

#12     Jan 16, 2010
  3. Yea, you can write your own easylanguage strategy and use it with their platform!

#13     Jan 16, 2010
  4. Did you test them with a demo account before using a live one? Were the results the same as the back test or were they similar to the live account?

Which back test settings were closest to the real results?

I am guessing you want to turn intrabar order generation off, and turn entry signals to no limits (needed for me to trade short and long), and then for pyramiding use one entry for each signal.

#14     Jan 17, 2010
  5. Under Strategy Properties>General>Back-testing resolution you need to turn on "use Look-Inside-Bar Backtesting since you have signals intrabar. Use 1 tick or 1 minute for resolution.

Let us know how your system does. :D

#15     Jan 17, 2010
  6. Are they cheaper than tradestation? TS platform fees are heavy.

#16     Jan 17, 2010
  7. Platform is 100% free no matter how much you trade.

#17     Jan 17, 2010
  8. I'm reading their web site, and it seems like I still need to have a copy of tradestation. How are you running your EL strategies? If I open an account with these guys, do I have to maintain an account with TradeStation?

I think TradeStation is great, but I don't like their platform fee. I'd really just want to pay TS around $20 a month with no brokerage connectivity at all, but I put the minimum 5k in. Most of my losses in that account are just the platform fee, although I've a few shitty trades of my own.

But then my frustration comes from this:

If I have less than 25k in the account, I can only make 3 trades a week. At that point, it becomes harder to cut my losses because many times, the trade will slip back against me a few pennies and then go off $4-$5 dollars. Other times, it really goes against me. I'd like to have the luxury of re-entering on momentum trades, but don't want to subject all my money to their fees should I get occupied with my day job during a given month.

#18     Jan 17, 2010
  9. If anyone wants help with OEC strategies using EasyLanguage or anything else with the platform, I am in a ventrilo chat room. I am also open to discussing my strategies in progress:

IP:texas.ventriloservers.biz
    Port: 3898
    Password: september

I will be willing to help.

#19     Jan 17, 2010
  10. Sorry to hear about your frustration, but OEC offers their trading platform for free and they have their own EL compiler, back testing engine and automated strategy software built into the platform (much like TS). This means you do not need any part of TS to utilize any of the above functions... I think their goal is to emulate TS as much as possible without any of their ridiculous fees per data feed/historical data!

Last time I checked, commission was $2.44 per side with OEC and that's it.

http://www.openecry.com/rates/rates.cfm

#20     Jan 17, 2010