OEC server is down

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TedZhang8, Jul 7, 2008.

1. OEC server is down and no quotes, same problem for anyone else?

2. Same here and no one picking up at trade desk

3. rjiecs

rjiecs

no quotes. am having a position. try to exit the position but no one picks up the phone :mad:

4. rickf

rickf

Yep. Real OEC trader data is dead. OEC Trader Demo data is working, though. Weird.

5. I'm flat (thank God!). All has been down since 10:22am CDT. Just got off phone with customer service at 10:50am. Their tech support is working on it and she expects things to up soon. In the meantime, I'll just have to be content to count the trades I miss... :confused:

OEC has been rock solid stable for months now. Too bad they have taken a big step back today. I hope they tell us what happened.

6. does this happen often?

7. pma

pma

Yup-DOA
    Just so people know,the service and stability is usually top notch. More so than I see with posts about other brokers reliability.

8. Ditto.

Seems like the OptionsXpress folks have taken over their new acquisition. :)

9. So sorry to hear that. I thought they got the act together a few months ago after that last snafu. I was actually entertaining opening an account there. Trade Station, Trans Act, now OEC again. Will a reliable broker please stand up?

Disclaimer- I have been doing this long enough to know that all brokers have problems from time to time, but c'mon OEC and Trade Station seem to get complaints a bit too often.

10. Web based options qoutes still ticking....for now.

#10     Jul 7, 2008