OEC dead in the water this AM?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by indahook, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Running, but having connection problems every once in a while and data is lagging about 20 seconds behind E-Signal. This is really pissing me off.

#41     Sep 1, 2009
  2. ndjeff7

ndjeff7

Yup, pissing me off too as I also have it up next to eSignal. It's also really annoying that they won't just admit that their mandatory software upgrade is what is making these issues worse.

#42     Sep 1, 2009
  3. I am looking to move my account. Do you know anything about Mirus?

#43     Sep 1, 2009
  4. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

ive been having issues all day up and down like a tart's knickers.....

i logged off about 10 minutes ago as it had just hung with prices about 15minutes old

#44     Sep 1, 2009
  5. Things seem close to normal now for me at least. Jury will remain out!

Props they finally emailed us (an hour ago):
    -----------------------------
    September 1, 2009

OEC Production Mandatory Release - Update

As you are aware, On Friday August 28, 2009 (after the close) the OEC Production (LIVE Trading) environment was upgraded to version 3.4. This was a major upgrade that affected all clients using the LIVE Trading version of the software.

Unfortunately, we experienced some issues in our data center over the last 2 days with this release. We have identified and have addressed the issues you may have experienced both today and yesterday and plan to deploy updates to our LIVE Trading environment that will address any minor issues still outstanding. We anticipate having these items cleared up shortly.

We apologize for the inconvenience and disruption to your trading.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Regards,
    Client Services
    Open E Cry LLC

#45     Sep 1, 2009
  6. I didn't get any email.

#46     Sep 1, 2009
  7. garak

garak

They only send mails to live traders with more than 5000 USD in their account
    :D ;-)

#47     Sep 1, 2009
  8. This is where I'm supposed to beat my chest and tell you of the hundreds of daytrates I do in my multi-million dollar account right. That's it I'm taking my demo account elsewhere.:eek:

#48     Sep 1, 2009
  9. Ive been trading thru Mirus for a lil over a yr now(real acct) and have never had an issue with Ninja-Zen,. Ninja not perfect but way better than programming bugs with OEC software. I used to trade with OEC. Now you all know why I left OEC !!

Mirus, Velocity, Dorman, all very good.

But OEC always figures out a way to fuck up more often than it should. On a scale of 5 stars(5 being best) I rate them a 2. The way they maintain their servers and software is a disgrace.

#49     Sep 1, 2009
  10. That's a bit harsh of a review of OEC. Yes, this was an outage that was not good but this is a rare occurrence. We had some issue quite awhile back, but nothing since then. And these issues do appear to coincide with big upgrades.

What you did not say about OEC is that you will get...

> Good commission rates
    > FREE data
    > FREE platform
    > Very nice platform, doms, etc.
    > Can talk to a person when you need

I agree that this outage was not fun and it'd be nice if there was a way for OEC to avoid this, but my guess is that until it's running live, hard to tell what might happen.

If nothing else, consider taking the Monday off when there's been a release over the weekend.

#50     Sep 1, 2009